SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Squeaking exhaust valve when press/depress throttle

23K views 39 replies 16 participants last post by  d1ws6 
#1 ·
Anyone else hear the exhaust cutout opening and closing as they press on the throttle? I just noticed this today as I was coming down the street maybe 10-15 mph, as i give it some gas I hear something squeak as if it's opening, then as i let off the throttle it squeaks again... it's like it needs some WD-40 or something.

Is this really what could be causing the noise? it aligns perfectly to the throttle input.

#37 ·
Just had this happen on my hellcat i started to notice it when i turn on the ignition but dont start the car you can hear them squeaky like stupid the vales echo through the resonator made them sound louder if the resonators were the problem but it was just the vales echoing through them

take your accurators off and spray wd40 and turn it manually by hand on the vales BOOM problem fix

Just fix mine today screw the dealer if that was the case just delete the vales haha

Hope this helps anyone having this problem

#40 ·
Anyone else hear the exhaust cutout opening and closing as they press on the throttle? I just noticed this today as I was coming down the street maybe 10-15 mph, as i give it some gas I hear something squeak as if it's opening, then as i let off the throttle it squeaks again... it's like it needs some WD-40 or something.

Is this really what could be causing the noise? it aligns perfectly to the throttle input.
funny thing. At 14,000 miles I noticed the driver side valve squeak loudly when it would start up using my remote start. Driving when you tip the throttle slightly it would squeak here and there. I was ready to take it apart and lube it up when it dawned on me, why don't I put some Lucas octane boost which is a little oily. And drive the car hard. The results the squeaking went away! no joke I guess Mopar relies on the carbon from your exhaust to keep them Lube. Give it a shot put some octane boost and drive the shit out of your car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.