SRT 2015 Quality Control at Brampton

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by DFR392, Feb 27, 2015.

1. DFR392

DFR392 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    It is unfortunate that I have to use social media to express my dissatisfaction with a brand new 2015 Charger SRT. I have reached out to Chrysler Canada to get an apology, reasoning or explanation to what happened to my car during the manufacturing process.
    Before I start I would like to state to those skeptics out there, I am a big Chrysler, Dodge fan after owning 6 of their vehicles in last 8 years and 3 of them being SRT's. Just wanted to make everyone aware of paint/body panel issues with my SRT that I picked up last week. This is an amazing car, but it is disappointing that quality control at the assembly plant would not take more pride in their work and craftsmanship of these amazing cars. See attached for these issues in case you wanted to see what to look for. And yes dealership will fix all of these issues, but would you want to repaint 4 body panels of your brand new car and deal with color matching and having a brand new car with non-original paint after 7 days. Let's not even talk about trading it in and getting less value due to having it repainted, because someone did not want to do their job and check it thoroughly.
    I do realize this is a mass produced car and expecting a show car paint on a factory painted vehicle would be absurd, all I am asking for a paint job without massive overruns and sheet metal/body panels with less than 1/4" overlap or gap. I would like to ask a QC person that verified and approved my car with passing marks if he/she would do the same if this was their car. Being a direct supplier and or Tier 1 to Chrysler I am well aware that these cars are not limited production/low volume cars, therefore there is a certain volume/capacity that needs to be met. I was just hoping that Chrysler would stand by their slogan "World Class Manufacturing" by executing and deploying all of their standard protocols and procedures on every single vehicle.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear that.. Some come out perfect, most in fairly good shape for a mass produced car (expecting show car paint on a factory painted car might be pushing it) but obviously some not so great ones slip through like yours. Look at it this way, if this WAS found at the factory after it was built it would probably still be re-sprayed as a shop would do. Likely not going to replace panels since the whole car is painted at once (except bumpers, mirrors, door handles, spoilers which are painted by vendor).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I left mine alone but noted problems on repair order

4. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yea that's pretty bad bro. Damn...

5. scoutermike

scoutermike Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the group. Is that the Torred from Windsor Chrysler? I got my B5 Blue from there. Sitting in my garage on the hoist till spring arrives. I have some issues also with the paint in mine and I haven't even washed it and inspected a clean car yet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DFR392

DFR392 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Mine is redline red and I got it from Provincial Chrysler. They are awesome. It just sucks that car lacks quality and final inspection was cut short.

7. DFR392

DFR392 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I event twitted Ralph Giles and he was very apologetic and advised me to contact Chrysler Canada. I did try that, but as expected no reply, as they already got their money.

8. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow are those paint runs

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Looked like it to me in the back

10. DFR392

DFR392 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Yes, we there is a paint run-Image 1, bad sheet metal trim-Image 2, scratch-Image 3, body panel mismatch-image 4.

11. RoyG

RoyG Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It is great that you have the quality of humility (as all good people have) and are of the spirit to apologize; but I recommend that apology be directed to the Brampton workers, my friend. These cars are great! All manufacturing will have an error rate that is related to production volume. The higher the volume, the higher the "acceptable" error rate would need to be. Volumes are set by management, not by the workers, who - in general - will do their best. (Just as I assume you do in your job).

Most folks are good and honest, and take pride in their work. If that were not high enough motivation, I would imagine (as in my line of work) that employees are penalized for work below a certain quality level; so there are multiple levels of incentive for them to do their best within their work parameters. No need to insult people - especially in such an anonymous fashion.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Brampton workers, especially the line workers do a good job. If you should question anyone it would be the QA personnel, in my opinion.

Our very own Brampton Builder member has done great work at the factory for many years. To call them welfare people is truly an insult... :(

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not nice to say. If you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Man, don't tell me that!

15. scoutermike

scoutermike Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Not to worry Caren. I got the bad one.

I guess I got my just deserts since I am one of the "overpaid welfare people" that the "lunaticdog" was talking about. I apologize to all my 4 legged friends out there.

• Like Like x 3