SRT 392 charger steering

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT 392' started by KidPandJ, Sep 23, 2015.

1. KidPandJ

KidPandJ Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I have a 2015 charger srt 392 and was wondering if anyone else has experienced strong feedback through the steering when going over bumps on the road or even when changing lanes. Mine is so bad that I have to consciously force the car to change lanes with a pretty significant increase in steering input as the outside tire crosses the ridge between lanes. If I increase the dampening in the steering by going to street or track it gets slightly muted but never really goes away. Do the hellcats experience this with the hydraulic rack or is this an electric only issue? Anybody having a similar experience? It is really the only glaringly negative part of the driving dynamic for me.

2. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Turn off the LANE ASSIST!!!!!
    I experienced the exact same thing when I purchased my Charger in February
    No one at the dealership explain d or told me the car steers itself from the ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL
    IT READS THE LANE LINES
    I am assuming u have adaptive and Lane assist
    Other wise take it to the dealer ASAP

3. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The car is insane to the point u can take your hands off the wheel on a road with painted lines
    The car will steer between the lines if u have lane assist on. I have gone thru a turn corner and it steered on its own
    The car will sense if u have ur hands on the steering wheel and a message will appear on the instrumentation to put your hands back on the steering wheel or it will turn off the Lane Assist
    And u do not have to have the Adaptive Cruise on for it to work
    Hope this helps u out

4. KidPandJ

KidPandJ Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Yes! Thanks, this was exactly what was happening. I'm surprised that you can't cut only that feature off and keep the warnings about departing the lane. Even cutting the strength down to low didn't take it away. Thanks again for the help.

5. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    The car actually can't tell if your hands are on the wheel. If the Lane Sense has to constantly keep adjusting the steering, it will chime telling you to pay some damn attention to the road basically.

Also, Lane Sense is very dangerous in hilly areas. I have gone over steep hills in my country area roads and Lane Sense has gotten very confused the few times it locks onto the lines (it doesn't pick up lines easily on hilly roads). If my hands weren't on the wheel or fighting for control, I would have crossed over into the other lane and/or gone SHARPLY OFF THE ROAD numerous times. I am on the verge of taking a video the reaction the car has is so bad. It happens about 1/10 times I drive down my main road, so I either have to turn off Lane Sense or make sure I'm not distracted at all.