SRT 392 on order

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT 392' started by raress9596, Jun 1, 2015.

1. raress9596

raress9596 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Being a very long time die hard GM buyer I fell in love with the new Charger. GM isn't building anything that interests me as far as performance or looks. Did the Vette thing a few years ago. Been there done that and now decided to change things up. I did own a 300C back in '06 for a short time till my wife told me I could buy the Vette. I was suprisingly very happy with the 300C.
    So anyway I really wanted to buy a H/C but can't wait a year and I refuse to pay the stupid numbers over invoice dealers . So three weeks ago I ordered the 392. The dealer is okay with giving me updates but I've been reading here and there that people are checking through other methods? Any ideas how? back in '06 we had a hook up in brampton at the plant that kept me informed as to the status. Thanks for reading.

• Like Like x 1
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome. Dealer is best bet on update status called POC that you got when ordered.

3. FLEX

FLEX Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    The SRT 392 is a whole other animal than a 300C; you'll love it.

What color and options did you order?

4. raress9596

raress9596 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    B5 Blue, Sunroof, Navi, red seat belts.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You're gonna like that color;);)

6. raress9596

raress9596 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    What started this whole thing was my son passing the dealer and there was a B5 SRT 392 with every option you could possibly get. It was alot more than I wanted to spend and if I spent that much I'd wait for a H/C. And then my son saw how bad the black roof was taped off when the painted it. The line was so crooked it looked like a child masked it off. So anyway we ordered a White one. That was Saturday. Monday I called the dealer to change it B5 blue.

7. FLEX

FLEX Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I got mine with every option except the black roof and red seatbelts.

I thought the B5 was a little flashy, so I opted for the Jazz Blue.

Only reason I didn't get black is because I've already had 2 black Chargers. :)

8. raress9596

raress9596 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Thats the reason I changed mine from white. Had at least a half dozen white cars last few tears. It was time for a change. Waiting sucks. It's only been 3 weeks. dealer says 6 weeks. They sell an unbelievable amount of new Dodges and I believe they have a little clout.

9. AvsBest

AvsBest Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Great colour choice, that thing is nowhere near your 300, you'll like it. You can check your status through the SRT Chat, they are getting pretty reliable

10. CPRHDSRT

CPRHDSRT Pontiac Bred ................. SRT Addicted Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulation on pulling the trigger on a 392 !! Great color choice - going away too for MY16 so you are just in time. Former GM guy myself - haven't looked back since I bought my 13 SRT Charger (and bought the wife her Durango R/T). I look forward to getting in it everyday - 34K on the clock and still lots of smiles per gallon. Hope you enjoy your B5 392 !!!

11. raress9596

raress9596 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Thanks everyone. When I get it I'm planning on having the hood and roof wrapped in black. Have one of the best vehicle wrap places in the world almost next door. Some of the chrome wraps he does are out of this world. They wrapped a BMW in gold chrome. That car is going to cause an accident lol.

12. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations raress9596, I too jumped from Chevy (C6 Z06) to Mopar (Charger SRT 392). After taking a 25 mile test drive through some twisty canyon roads here in So Cal I am hooked. I never would have imagined that a car so heavy could handle so well and be so comfortable at the same time.

My VIN # was assigned last Friday the 12th so I have 4 to 6 weeks to wait. Mine will be billet silver with the sepia lux leather and all the options except the red belts, block heater and HK sound. I didn't get the premium sound because I plan on listening to the Hemi Symphony while driving. I have the fever - big time. Can't wait. Good luck with yours.

13. raress9596

raress9596 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392

14. raress9596

raress9596 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Good luck with yours. I still get to drive my sons 2013 Grand Sport. Nothing like the comfort of the 392. Just broke 1,000 miles and did the first oil change myself or should I say my son did it. I only got the sunroof, navi, and red seat belts. I was actually at the dealer today. My son is about to buy a new Ram. I was offered a Hellcat charger for a coupe of thousand over sticker. They offered me 40,000 for my car meaning I had to come up with another 33,000 plus tax. Well no thanks as much as I want one I am extremely happy with my "lowly" 392, lol.

Attached Files:

15. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You and I think alike. I was offered an (ordered Charger) Hellcat for $2,500 over sticker. I refused - Can't stand pi$$ing away money on dealer markup that I would never get back. Anyway, bottom line is it would have cost me $22,000 for the extra 222 HP. No thanks. My experience at Willow Springs Raceway with my Z06 taught me that handling and skills were far more important than HP anyway. So I too "settled" for the "lowly" 392 LOL.

Even with the modest 485 HP and not even broken in yet, driving through the canyons on my test drive got my adrenaline pumping and I am used to faster/quicker cars. My car before the Vette was a 600 HP '03 Cobra Mustang with ladder bar subframe connectors, coilovers, Brembos, etc., etc., I am not easily impressed and the SRT 392 really gave me the fever. What a great ride!