SRT advised more allocations went out today

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Lurch251, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Lurch251

Lurch251 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I called the customer service number at SRT today just to see if I could can an update on my order. Of course they couldn't provide any updates BUT was able to tell me that new allocations were sent out today to dealerships.

2. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey Lurch, You keep up with the 405 boys?? Great news. Maybe will see some of those VON's converted today.

3. Lurch251

Lurch251 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not sure who the 405 boys are. Of course I know that's my area code HA HA. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that my VON will be moved to a VIN today or in the VERY near future. 1st time I ordered a car instead of buying off the lot and its very frustrating but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My favorite "reality" show right now, called "Street Outlaws" claim to have the fastest street racers in the country. Have been able to back that up. They call
    themselves the "405's". A&E or the History Channel, not sure which. Check it out as they are in your backyard. Know any Crossleys in Mustang?

• Like Like x 2
  5. GeneralLee

GeneralLee Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Boy the information on the forum is all over the place. Different threads here all have different info. Dealers telling customers no allocations in Feb, to Lurch being told by SRT some went out today. And RS just posted no D1's today. Add to that info about motor supply issues. I can't believe that in 2015 it has to be like this. What a cluster! I have no question or information to add just babbling.o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. dodgeboy16

dodgeboy16 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If the Stealer doesn't have an Alocation forget it.

7. F6F

F6F BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It would not be normal if everything goes as planned :D:D:D

8. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    even if cars on the VON watch list got picked up today and given a VIN....RS won't see it until it goes from D to D1 status...maybe a week to 10 days outs. You're dealer should contact you first and tell you that you have a VIN long before RS can.

9. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm really considering just breaking down and ordering one this coming Monday. I don't know what to or what not to believe really. One dealer says it'll be 2016 until I actually get the car, others just don't know. None around here have any allocations right now....
    EDIT: I was looking for a sticky for any process or tips on ordering a car since I've never been through this process....any tips or info I should know before I walk into the dealer? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  10. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    To quote my late uncle who was in LE ( Law Enforcement ) He would say this about SRT.

"They could not smell a fart in a phone booth"

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Christopher Ward

Christopher Ward Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will be contacting my dealer tomorrow for status. We shall see

12. mvaf

mvaf Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer told me today he doesn't think they'll get any allocations this month.........they haven't gotten any since the first few they got in September.

13. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My suggestion, call around locally and find out if anyone is willing to take an order and discuss price as well, some might be for MSRP and some might be for an additional markup. Inquire about how many people are in line ahead of you and find out how many hellcats they've sold already. Avoid long lines and/or a low number of hellcats sold. Once you find a dealer you want to work with at a negotiated price (get it in writing) then place your order (might need to have a down payment...make sure its fully refundable even if you are the one that backs out).

After you place your order then keep coming here AND keep checking the dodge website for new inventory on cars that are "in transit" or "on dealer lot" and start making phone calls to see if that particular car is already sold and if not, what the asking price is. If you find one on a lot that you like and at a price you are willing to pay, then jump on it and cancel your first order. Also, be willing to travel, don't just look locally, 1000 mile road trip back home would be a great way to break her in (or you can get it shipped if you don't want to put the miles on it).

14. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks a lot for the info! I looked at one last week actually that was on a dealers website, but unfortunately I couldn't strike a deal. They wanted 5K over MSRP, plus they made a lowball offer on my SRT - about 4K shy of what it was actually worth. So they were trying to get close to 10K pure profit out of me.

I have a couple dealers willing to sell me one at MSRP if I order. One has allocations spoken for with 5 people ahead of me, and not sure about the other (smaller dealer).