SRT Qualified Technicians??

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat TSB's' started by Driver72, May 3, 2015.

1. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just a quick question, tomorrow I'm going to call the dealer about the Fuel Rail system recall and getting my car in for it.
    Of course, I'm going to ask the Service Manager who their top service tech is, and what is his/her name.

But my question is, is there certain techs that have higher qualifications specifically for the SRT vehicles?
    Because clearly if so, when I call the dealer I want to ask who the SRT qualified techs are, and which of them is the top dog.

Thanks

2. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are no specific SRT techs. But there are Viper techs. Takes years to get all the lower classes finished to get a chance at Viper class.

Best bet is find a Viper tech for your Hellcat and you will be fine.

I just got my Viper certification last month and I have been a Chrysler tech for 13 years.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks
    I will ask the dealer (or dealers) that I call if they have a Viper certified tech on hand, and if so, I will book my fuel rail installation with him/her. If he/she is a cool cat and does the job right without issue, I'll slip him/her an Andrew Jackson or two as well.

4. Puddy Tat

Puddy Tat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They have their best tech in the rail yard fixing them now.:D:rolleyes:[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Slow your roll! Do the homework BEFORE the appointment.
    Suggest interviewing service/dealers before they get hands on your car.
    Made deal that of the two "SRT" techs, one will be the only one working on my ride. I met him and we talked. scedule any/all service appointments around his scedule. Made me feel little btr handing over my toys!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree. I have been working only with a Viper tech since I purchased my 2001 "Bumble Bee" GTS. When my car goes into the dealership service writer area, the only person permitted to move the car (dealer rules and mine also) is Nate, the Viper tech. He gets yearly (and sometimes more often) education (classroom) updates at "Viper School" at the Connor Avenue Assembly Plant (CAAP) in Detroit. He told me 2 weeks ago when I had the Hellcat in for the Fuel Rail recall that he was going back to Viper School this month. If you can find a dealership that has a certified Viper Tech, I would cozy up and make him (or her) your BFF! I believe that the vast majority of techs with this training will appreciate your car (mine are referred to as "Nate's babies") as much as you do and take their job very seriously. (To avoid any controversy, I will say that most auto techs take their jobs very serioulsy as well, but they still don't have all of the certifications to qualify as Viper Techs. As pointed out by NX91Notch, it "takes years to get all the lower classes finished to get a chance at Viper class".)

As pointed out by Driver72, dropping a "C Note" on the tech now and then goes a long way. As a suggestion, order a Hellcat fender logo and give it to him as a gift. Even better yet, if you can find out his political persuasion, order the logo facing either left or right to add an additional "touch of class". Chances are, you will see other logos attached somewhere on his tool box.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats that means not only are you conscientious it also means your dealer recognizes it, 2 thumbs up from an Audi tech;)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It just might be my age but I'd bet half the kids don't recognize this mechanic...

Go Goober Go! Does Wally's work on Hellcats?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It's your age, bad part is I'm there with ya

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I believe the tech you want is called a level 3 tech. Those are the ones specifically trained on SRT vehicles. Pretty sure this is right.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Again there are no specific SRT techs. The is no schooling for SRT specific vehicles. Only Viper.

And yes level 3 techs are the one you want to look for. Level 3 is Chryslers highest level trained tech. But be careful...there are 8 different categories. You want to make sure they are level 3 in most if not all.

I have ran across techs who are level 3 in only one category and they run around promoting they are Level 3 techs. Technically yes they are but there are still 7 other categories to master.

It takes years to get to level 3 in all categories. I am level 3 in everything except diesel and auto trans. Only reason I am behind on auto trans is cause the class I need are so booked an backed up I have been on waiting lists for almost a year. And my diesel is lacking cause we arent a big diesel shop. No need to have multiple diesel techs.

12. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So as not to offend any law enforcement officers, the comment that will follow has a very limited scope. Too bad that there aren't more Barney types patrollng when we're running our Hellcats. (The rest of the time, I'm content with having competent officer out there!)

13. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Actually we need more Andy Taylor's with level heads and I've said that long before all the BS going on now

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    UHHHHHHHGREEEEEEEEE!

15. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    high training level does not equate accurate diag and repair or quality workmanship. I have worked with highly trained techs that I wouldn't even let them fix my skate board.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1