SRT Stage 1,2,3 Performance Upgrades

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by jbriner89, Feb 27, 2015.

1. jbriner89

jbriner89 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi All,

I plan to be coming from a 2005 SRT-4 and have great interest for SRT to release staged upgrades for the Hellcat. It went with great effect to greatly increase the performance of the SRT-4 and I am certain the possibility is just as great with the Hellcat.

And just to discuss, I'm thinking it can/should go something like this will all power enhancements from stock:

Stage 1: Ecu swap with +15hp and +15lbs-ft torque manual and automatics receiving transmission calibration upgrades.
    Stage 2: Ecu swap with +25hp and +25lbs-ft torque with a race gas file for +50hp and +50lbs-ft torque. This will max out the tr-6060 torque design limit and automatics will again receive calibration upgrades.
    Stage 3: Ecu swap and 3.3 supercharger upgrade for +115hp and 100lbs-ft torque with another race gas file for +175hp and +130lbs-ft torque. For manuals will be including a clutch upgrade and of course another calibration file for automatics.

And of course offer the usual suspension and sway bar upgrades along with a slightly larger tire setup along with a larger 3" exhaust longtube headers with cats for emissions.

And another item for discussion. Everyone knows Brembo makes Carbon Ceramic brakes, correct? Who would think about upgrading to CC brakes? They do offer longer life and high temperature tolerance. The only downside would be the need to warm them up to get full effect on the street. However, since the car weighs 4500lbs and has so much power, it seems like a pretty good option to offer! Discuss please!

2. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would not do anything for 15 or 25 HP. Start talking 50, 100 or more then interest perks. Remember we have in excess of 700, what is 15 HP? The D/A can make it range from -70 to +70 alone on any given day. I am going to work on tires and wheels first, I want to handle the basic car. Already have the mud flaps and ceramic brake pads on my shelf. An old set of PZero 275/40's to practice melting rubber also in the garage. DR's for the black wheels and hopefully some Nitto's with a 315 and new chrome wheels including back 11 inchers are my first major mod.

To me in excess of 700 hp is plenty to play with for starters along with my warranty.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. jbriner89

jbriner89 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If anything, I do at least hope they have some development for the Carbon Ceramic brakes. Those could be extremely useful to the right people.

But, I do agree. I am just wishing that there will be more development to upgrade and customize. It has the potential to be quite a prolific market for SRT.

4. Dtoldave

Dtoldave Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Are you serious? for one, simple pulley swap and a retune will net you 30 hp, there is no "ECU Swap"..Mods for this car are just about limitless once the ECU can be flashed and how deep your pockets are.. two, they are Brembos.. EVER ONE makes a pad for the calipers.. Maybe you should be cautious to not use too much NAWS, or you will blow the welds on the intake too...

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dave,a pulley swap and tune is only going to give us 30hp, I think that's a little low,, if we can tune the hellcat, and make 15# of boost, what kind of numbers will we see,,, I thought every pound of boost is like 30-35 horse power

6. Dtoldave

Dtoldave Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are a lot of other factors involved. A pulley you should also change air intake, (15 hp) Throttle body (20hp) Upper pulley, 11 too 13-14 psi (30 hp) now you have more air in, you need to get it out.. Headders (20HP) remove the cats (10HP) and free flowing exhaust (15 hp) these are all just wild guesses from what they produce on other cars. no one knows yet about the HC...

7. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Are all these rwhp??

8. Dtoldave

Dtoldave Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    for the Trinity yes.. its a good gauge depending on the tune Chrysler used. For a 5.8, cold air kit, throttle body and a tune, nets you about 100 to the wheel.. toss in some pulleys to bring the boost up to 17-18 psi, a boost a pump, and injectors and headders and you are at 800 to the wheel on E85.... its a 175-200 HP bump. with out taking off a valve cover, or swapping the blower. IF Chrysler built these like they claim they did, we can see 800-900 HP hell cats with bolt ons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's what I'm looking for, simple bolt on parts, and some engine management

10. Dtoldave

Dtoldave Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    we need some one to crack the ecm and parts will start flowing. we can see what the potential of this engine really is. for all we know, 707 is the magic number.. you break 750 at the flywheel and rods break and pistons explode.. now is the waiting game.

11. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Rumor has it that dodge detune the car because it was not passing emission, I don't care about that, Michigan don't do them tests,,

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you can get powerstop evolution carbon fiber ceramic pads at Summit Racing for $100 delivered (front and rears)

13. Dtoldave

Dtoldave Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The high idle at start up is to fire the cats off to burn the extra fuel in the 2 mins emissions window.. yes, they were tweaked for emissions.. I ve heard rumors of guys getting 845 out of just a soft tune, and 900 hp with a sc and just dumping fuel.. but the question in longevity. How long will it last at that level.. the 07 stock balancer was 650 hp, 08-10 5.4 was 700 wheel was safe.. then 11-12 it went to 750... and 13-14 went to 800... I also know a guy with a Honda Civic that runs 10.00 in the 1/4 but lifts the head every 3 passes... and another guy putting 25 PSI into a cast iron SBC... ticking time bombs.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What ever I go with,I want it safe,, I'm thinking somewhere 725 at the wheels should be enough to make me smile

15. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think AJ said the SCAT Pak stage kits were shit canned , so why would Dodge do the Hellcats,LOL besides a small nitrous hit of 50-100 will give more than the 15-25 your looking for....and needs nothing and is safe............

• Agree Agree x 1