SRT technicians

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by rags, Mar 4, 2016.

1. rags

rags Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is there some where that lists who the SRT technicians are and what dealership they work out of? I would think this would be available as these are the best Dodge has and should be proud of. Something like the AMG techs for MB. It would let you get to know who would be working on your car and also be able to share experiences. Thoughts?

2. rags

rags Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok since no one is chiming in, let me add to this so you can see what I'm getting at. I really hate to turn the keys over to anyone and prefer to do all the work myself on all of my cars. Now that I'm getting a little older ( ok a lot older) and have been dealing with MB for the last 4 years, the thought of doing any maintenance myself leaves a lot to be desired. The AMG division took very good car of me, actually listened to what I had to say and did all that I asked no matter how menial the request was. That being said, it is still going to take a lot to trust anyone with keys to one of my cars let alone another dealer. Lets just say I haven't had the best luck when it comes to paying someone to do work on my cars lol Is there anyone else here that has a lack of trust when it comes to the dealer or is it just because of the section of the country where I live? Hell, there was an article in the paper just yesterday about a dealer who "lost" a customers car. The dealer told the customer to call the police as there is nothing they could do. I don't know what I would do if that happened to me!

3. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are no certified SRT techs. Some are Viper certified.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    All dealerships that sell SRT products must have an SRT trained Tech. Now the quality of their technical skills would be based on the quality of the person. I have gotten to know my Tech Andrew not only as a my Tech but as friend. We meet outside of his work place at my home or a local sports bar to discuss cars, football, guns and all things we both love. I trust him and only him with my fob.

5. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not sure where you heard that.

6. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Because he is correct. There is no special SRT certification. It does not exist.

While yes there is a Viper certification that requires a 4 day long class in Detroit but there is no special course to be considered an "SRT tech" Unless you want to call a Viper tech a SRT tech. But I can promise you the Viper class says absolutely nothing about the Challenger/Chargers or anything else SRT while taking the class. It's 4 days straight of Viper and Viper only.

Anyone at the dealership is certified to work on a Hellcat if they meet the required level for the job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Paladin06

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hummm, perhaps it differs from dealership to dealership.

8. rags

rags Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is what I was looking for! So the phone call I got yesterday from my dealer letting me know I should be bringing my car in to have their SRT tech look over my car and perform the 500 mile oil change is not something that I'd like to have done. :)

9. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I actually thought a close friend of mine that is Viper certified was also SRT certified until another member here that is a Chrysler tech told me there was not any SRT tech certification. I also verified tat with my friend.

10. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It does not.

I have been working for Chrylser for 15 years and I have been to so much training and schooling is crazy. I am level 3 in all skill areas and I have my Viper certification. I can promise you there is no SRT tech training class.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    NO

No CLASSES FOR SRT PERIOD ask me how i'm a master Dodge tech

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And you guys are half correct. When the Gen V Viper was released they (Chrysler) required the dealership to have at least 1 trained Viper tech. I think what gets confusing is that dealerships tell customers that the Viper tech is an SRT tech.

But you probably want to find a Viper tech to work on your Hellcat if your that worried. To get into the Viper training you have to be fully certified in all other areas before you can get into the class. So most Viper techs have been around a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. rags

rags Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks guys. I know I'm quite new here but I was trying to get that answered without coming out and just asking. I see a lot of incorrect info here

14. Paladin06

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That would explain it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    OK, I'll bite.;) "Dr. B, How are you a master Dodge Tech?"

• Funny Funny x 1