SRT Hellcat Forum banner

SRT Track Experience

6K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Sublimecat 
#1 ·
I would really like to hear from all of you who have participated in the SRT Track Experience. I am wondering if it is worth a significant drive if I can't find one in my area? Please share your experiences and any tips or recommendations. Thanks

#2 ·
I had an absolute blast at the SRT experience!! just a day full of fun driving the entire SRT lineup and being able to cut loose in these vehicles, and since they are not yours, you drive them harder than you might do your own at the track. does anyone know if they are offering this with the purchase of the Hellcats? If so, that would be so awesome! Especially if they have the Hellcats out there.

My only regret about the experience is that we did not get to drive the Viper. Best you could do was win the opportunity to ride in one with one of their drivers if you had the best scores at all the events of the day.

#3 ·
I had an absolute blast at the SRT experience!! just a day full of fun driving the entire SRT lineup and being able to cut loose in these vehicles, and since they are not yours, you drive them harder than you might do your own at the track. does anyone know if they are offering this with the purchase of the Hellcats? If so, that would be so awesome! Especially if they have the Hellcats out there.

My only regret about the experience is that we did not get to drive the Viper. Best you could do was win the opportunity to ride in one with one of their drivers if you had the best scores at all the events of the day.
From what I have read, yes, we will be eligible to attend the SRT track experience. Sounds awesome! I am ALL in. Thanks for the feedback.:D I can't imagine how crazy I would drive something that isn't mine. Last time the rental place gave me a Toyota Yaris I blew the tranny (that's what they get for giving me the crappiest car on earth):confused:

#5 ·
I

saw there was one in Vegas October 15 but I don't think I will have my Hellcat that quickly.:( I will have to wait for the 2015 schedule to come out and pick one. It sounds like it is something I don't want to miss. Plus, I am sure they will have some great tips for optimum performance with the Hellcat!:D

#7 ·
I didn't even think about that. I was expecting it to be more restrictive and that they would match your name to an SRT, like a secret club or something.:cool:LOL. Great advice, thanks.

#12 ·
I promise to be very respectful with my pics and stories so you don't feel too sad. But if I get a chance at that Corvette, that story is gonna blow up the forum cause I am posting as many pics as I can and hopefully one of the Dude's face in loser mode!:rolleyes:

#17 ·
My wife and I did this at the Skip Barber Raceway in Birmingham, AL. Great time and beautiful track. Same track where Porsche does their driving school. Road course, flat cone course, drag racing and slalom racing in Viper, SRT 300, SRT Neon, SRT Crossfire and SRT Pickup. It is quite humbling to be chasing one of the instructors around the road course with them driving the SRT Neon and you driving a Viper and not being able to keep up. My wife was one of the few women there and was the slalom queen. She could weave that SRT 300 through those cones faster than anybody there. She really enjoyed it all except riding with me driving the SRT pickup around the road course. She thought road coursing a pickup truck was just wrong for some reason. It was a blast! I would do it again in a heartbeat!

#19 ·
I drove down to Daytona for my last experience. It was a total blast. A complete day with a huge smile on my face. We drove the 300, Cherokee, challenger, and chargers. You will learn so Much about the handling characteristics an the limits or your SRT. It will do A LOT more than you think. They will all be automatics, but I still walked out a much better driver than when I walked in. If you really want to get comfortable with pushing your ride within 'the envelope' of its capability, then make the drive. They take the time to teach you about apexes and gear selection to go as fast as you can. Your only restraint will be your nerve.

#20 ·
I did my first SRT Track Experience in Vegas in 2010. Had a blast with Team Shake and Bake, and it was a good excuse to go to Vegas. It was right after SEMA that year, so I was able to go to SEMA all week, and then end the week with the SRT Track Experience. Will probably try to do Watkins Glen if it is on the 2015 schedule.

Reactions: 630
#21 ·
I have done M.I.S. and Autobahn Country Club twice. Can't wait to return but have to find one to purchase since they are not included in the Canadian SRT's.

Reactions: 630
#22 ·
I LIVE IN THAT TOWN{ ENGISHTOWN} AND I DON`T EVEN GO TO TRACKS EVENTS.... THAT TRACK IS THE WORSE AND IT IS SO NASTY AND DISGUSTING. I MAKE THE TRIP AND GO TO ACTO RACEWAY IN JERSEY THE SEA LEVEL THERE MAKES THE CARS RUN MUCH BETTER. FOR MY SRT TRACK EXPERIENCE WILL BE GO VIR-VA, WAS THERE LAST YEAR AND I HAD A GREAT TIME THIS YEAR SUCH BE EVEN BETTER DRIVING THE HELLCAT ON THE COURSE MAY 6,2015

#24 ·
Did it at Daytona in 2008. At that time you got to drive Vipers, Chargers, Jeeps and the Caliber. There was a couple road corse activities, drag races and some other events. I recall 4-5 driving events in total. Lunch was provided. Towards the end of the day there was a drivers competition with prizes. I won a Mopar cold air induction kit for my car. At the end of the day a professional driving instructor took me for a ride around a section of the Daytona road course, top speed 172mph to demonstrate the capability of the car. Overall it was a very fun day!

Reactions: gatorguy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.