Stagger Wheel setup information needed

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by TF-ENT, Oct 3, 2015.

1. TF-ENT

TF-ENT Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My Hellcat Charger arrives in a few weeks and I want to run a 315 rear with a 275 front on 20's. Does anyone know the proper way to do the wheel offset? I am looking at HRE's or BBS wheels.

Thank you in advance.

2. SuperChallenger

SuperChallenger Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No problem w/a 275 on a 9.5 or 10 in. wheel running +15 offset up front...fills the well nicely. a 10" wheel in the rear will put you right at the outside fender line when running a +20, any wider than that youll need to go more +. Ive heard an 11" with +25 works on the rear but myself didnt want to venture that wide. both 10 & 11widths will fit a 315, but the thinner wheel will pucker the sidewall a bit.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. TF-ENT

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Well getting the wheels wont be an issue its tire selection. I am looking at my options and they are far and few between. Pirrelli, Cont, Nitto, and Dunlop. I have the NT-05's on my current SRT 8 and they suck to be honest. I liked the BFG Comp 2's but are no longer made. I wish Michelin would step up and make a PSS in the sizes we need.

4. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Get intouch with Triumph.
    They are a vendor on the forum.
    They have a information you need.

5. TF-ENT

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I sent them an email. I will report back with the results from it.

Thank you

6. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great move. I am sure he will help you NP.

7. Charger_Hellcat

Charger_Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah Bizmarck at Triumph Performance will hook you up. He is making me custom wheels as well. 285's up front and 315's in the rear!!! I just got my Nitto NT01's for the F1 track here in Austin. Cant wait to see what she does with the new kicks! She rocks the track now with the stock 275 Pirellis so i'm sure it will hug the track even better now...

• Like Like x 1
  8. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When you say F1 track in Austin, have you been road (track racing)?

9. Charger_Hellcat

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, only road track racing. It so much fun!!!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Hb hellcat

Hb hellcat Black Betty...BamAlam!!!

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Are your nitto nt01s for your stock rims or the new? What sizes? Looking to get some track tires for mine. Fontana just chewed up my pirellis! Please report back with your impressions of them.
    I was at the first f1 race there in Austin
    ! Still wanting to go back, would love to do some laps at Circuit of the Americas! I'm sure the track amenities are much more finished now than the last time I was there (the grass was painted in). Sure is a great venue.
    Good luck with your track times and enjoy!

11. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am really, really interested to hear your impression and the actual compassion of lap times when you try the larger tire/stagger at the track. Please keep this thread going. My thoughts are that this thing likes the same size all around like you and I experienced while road racing. Very balanced, very, very surprising on how well it did! But, if you get the back end more sticky, then is that better? Will the 315's work better than the 275's with the back suspension? Or, shall we ask, if we pin it down better do we induce understeer?? I predict, we are going to have fun with this machine, than we ever thought.

FYI, I hate my PZero 315/35's on the back with my 10.5" wheels. It is night and day in handling VS the 275's all around.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What I think we will get to is.....which manufacturer and which size is really the widest tire we can install in front, then match in the rear. Then what offset shall we accept for track days to get them meats up front.

I can tell you we are looking at the Pirelli racing tires series and one of the shorter 20" tires may work! If we can do that, imagine the cornering potential! And then we can lower our SUV a little, then we are going to get serious.

You guys watching your brake pads?? FYI I have Porterfield R4-S installed and they felt new all day and we're not even bothered at all, they wanted more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Charger_Hellcat

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The NT01's are not for my stock rims. Getting Bismarck at Triumph Performance to make me new ones for me. 285 fronts and 315 rears. The only issue I found on the road course was rear traction. I did not push the car hard in the straights because I was worried about brake fade, but ended up not having to worry, she did great! I am getting new rotors and carbon fiber ceramic pads put on next week as well as changing to DOT4 break fluid. My next run is November 1st with the new breaks only. Lets see how I do with stock Pirellis and better breaking :)

One more thing to add. I did have issues with Power Steering fluid getting to hot! I think PS cooler is next on my list...

Here is my video from my last run for reference. All stock with fresh Pzeros 275s all around:

• Like Like x 2
  14. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What did the PS do? Mine was overfilled, the dealer checked everything, apparently with the overfill at the factory it did some spitting up. I saw it on my valve cover and kept wiping, but some leaked down. Just got the girl back, it has a lower level now. The road racing boys say we should change it to a different fluid. We need to ask around more on that one.

So I did press in the straights! I put a lap together so you would not have to watch a lot, but this is mine, like yours stock, with the stock wheels/tires. I am going to use them until they burn up, I thought they did fine, it was a blast to drive. I only needed to get out of the throttle a couple of times that day on one of the sharp corners, but it never was sudden, I was Track mode full auto shifting. T/C untouched except what Track does.

We are tearing this staggered thread apart! But may be discussing what is the best tire combo, so it may be still on track.

• Like Like x 2
  15. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oh Charger Hellcat, avoid the rumble strips with the stock tires, not good, you will upset the apple cart!

• Like Like x 1