Statement from Dodge on Hellcat Allocation -- Getting Antsy

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by GALTCAT, Jan 15, 2015.

1. GALTCAT

GALTCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hellcat Allocation Statement from Dodge:

The excitement surrounding the introduction of the Dodge Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcat has been overwhelming. That excitement for the most powerful muscle cars in history has driven product demand at an unprecedented rate and many enthusiasts have placed orders at a local dealer without understanding if/when that dealer will receive an SRT Hellcat. As we listen to our customer feedback, it has become apparent that incomplete and inaccurate information abounds regarding the process by which SRT Hellcat production is allocated to our dealer body. We want to clear up any confusion that exists.

Any Dodge/SRT dealer can place orders for as many SRT Hellcats as they wish. However, because the factory can only build a specified number of SRT Hellcats each month, we prioritize each month’s available production to our dealers based on the following criteria:
    · The number of total Dodge/SRT branded products (any model) a dealer has sold in the last 90 days (higher volume = higher priority)
    · The number of SRT Hellcats a dealer already has in stock (higher stock = lower priority)
    · The average number of days each SRT Hellcat remained on a dealer’s lot unsold in the prior month (more days = lower priority)

These criteria are intended to distribute all available SRT Hellcats to customers in the shortest time possible. Every Dodge/SRT dealer is evaluated based on these criteria in the first week of every month and available production is allocated to dealers accordingly. When demand exceeds available production, not all dealer orders can be accommodated.

Additional production capacity occasionally becomes available between allocation periods due to increased efficiency, supplier part availability, etc. When this occurs, we allocate the additional production to dealers based on the following criteria:
    · Dealer overall sales performance
    · The age of any existing unfilled orders (older = higher priority)
    · The type of order - customer or dealer stock? (customer = higher priority)
    · Vehicle configuration requested by unfilled orders

We remain committed to delivering as many SRT Hellcats as possible.

Thank you for your passion, enthusiasm and patience,
    Dodge & SRT Brand

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That all makes sense, this part is really the dealers fault IMO:
    "The average number of days each SRT Hellcat remained on a dealer’s lot unsold in the prior month (more days = lower priority)"

And most likely caused by markups and the dealer being stubborn about negotiating (like my dealer and their 80K prices and refusal to budge)

3. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the post, OP. As much as we may not like the allocation process, it is sort of needed due to the current demand for the product. If I recall correctly, there are allocations for non-Hellcat orders, too. It is simply to keep things in check based on demand.

In time allocations will be less of an issue as more owners take delivery, but it's not going anywhere...

I stated it in my Hellcat Challenger write-up thread, but I'll say it again -- HANG IN THERE. The car is totally worth the agonizing wait. I went almost 6 months from deposit to delivery.

4. cal45

cal45 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you for posting this as it does clear up a lot of confusion.
    There is on question that the customer base has: How do we know or discover which dealers are leading in the categories listed so we can choose the dealer that has the highest percentage to receive allocations to submit our order with?

Sadly, I'm guessing it may be the dealers with Hellcats inventoried on their lot with a markup of $10,000 and more on them.

Thank you

5. GALTCAT

GALTCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They didn't post or say how many Hellcats will be produced per month. Anyone know how we could get the numbers?

6. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Unfortunately there is no way for the consumer to know how many allocations a dealer has, without asking them directly. Even then, you would have to trust their response unless they actually pull things up in the computer or show their notice of allocation numbers. I was lucky with both Challenger and Charger, and two local dealers (one for each) had 1 initial allocation each, and I snagged each of those up with no markup.

7. GALTCAT

GALTCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer tried to explain the levels dealerships which they are categorized. A,B,C,D etc. Mine is a C and their sister dealer is a B. LA and NYC are probably A's

8. GALTCAT

GALTCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

9. GALTCAT

GALTCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Evidently, the Dealerships are in the dark as much as we are.

10. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The last info we got through RS was about 33 built per day, 6 days a week, except half that number on some Saturdays. So approximately 165-200 per week right now with 1800+ built already since early this week.

Charger Hellcat builds will not effect Challenger hellcat builds.

The above release from Dodge falls in line in that they were not expecting this amount of demand for the Hellcat vs their supply projections needed to build the vehicle. This has since been fixed for the Charger Hellcat release.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. GALTCAT

GALTCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Ray, I might have a chance getting my order filled. Good info. Curious, Where are Hellcats built?

12. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Only took 4 months to put a statement out!!:(

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. rayzazoo

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    :D At Brampton Assembly Plant in Canada (just across the border to the Northeast of Detroit, MI) . Watch the video below. It shows the build of VIN #FH700001. It was then custom painted with Stryker Red paint and then sold at Barrett Jackson in Las Vegas for $850,000.

• Like Like x 1
  14. rayzazoo

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Indeed. I really wish they would have put this out sooner.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. GALTCAT

GALTCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    HELLYEA, Thanks Ray. That is freaking amazing

• Like Like x 1