Steak dinner...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by PhantomWorks, May 21, 2016.

1. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So I have been in the Navy for 25 years now and been on a couple ships. It never fails when you get to the mess decks (dining room) and they are having surf and turf nothing good can come from it. Usually within a couple hours of dinner being over the Skipper will come on the 1MC (announcement system) and hope the crew enjoyed the meal and what a great job our cooks did and what a great crew has been doing just to end the pep talk with "we have been extended on station for at least another month (so a 6/7/8 month cruise just turned into a 7/8/9 month cruise which ultimately will end at 12months...thank god I get "free" college, sorry i couldn't help myself). So now that you know my back ground here is what occurred with my wife last night.

I am looking at Vipers, which is nothing new I am constantly looking at cars (because I love them). She walks in the room and says "whats that" and I tell her its a Viper. She says do you want one? I said I woudl but not really sure I want to spend 90-150K on one. She says if you want just get it...of course that makes me happy, but all I can think about is surf and turf on the ship, what is coming down the pipe...LOL!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. natesrt

natesrt Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Or like my wife she is sick of watching you check out the car day in and day out. I go into those phases where I'm constantly checking out the same car every day and then she tells me just to get it so we can move on already!

That's how you know you've got a keeper! Mine talked me out of a ZL1 when I could not find a Hellcat anywhere. Phew that was a close call!

And thank you for your service!

• Like Like x 1
  3. shadowsk

shadowsk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My wife did the same thing! I couldn't find a Hellcat so I settled and bought a 16 Subaru STI in December. Then of course in March my local dealer had one and I told her just to look at that...that's my luck. She said just go get the damn Hellcat and be done with it. So I went down and traded the same day.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My wife said, "You've been whinning ever since those damn things hit the street. Stop being a pussy and go get one."

Now, those of you married to, or know, Italian girls from North Jersey, that was pillow talk...the kind you'd better listen to...so I did

Yup...she loves me...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got a "blessing" to go buy one...

I haven't heard the end of it since...

"You just got a HC, now what are you spending money on?"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. CPRHDSRT

CPRHDSRT Pontiac Bred ................. SRT Addicted Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Too funny BULL. I get the "you just bought a hellcat, I think we can afford a xxxxxx" from my wife.

Love her, the smile on my 10 year old daughters face at delivery and the amazing car. Life is really good - I am so blessed.

20160121_191227.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yup, you're right, I get that as well. Lately it's been when are we going to replace my Durango?

You know, just about the time you grow tired of the HC is when your daughter is going to be getting her license, right?

Don't lie, you know it's true..

; )

8. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you for your service to our country Sir. A good woman knows much more than some of us would admit. Be proud of what you have accomplished and be prouder that you have a great wife to share it with

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CPRHDSRT

CPRHDSRT Pontiac Bred ................. SRT Addicted Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Probably wouldn't be a bad thing if you got her a little upgrade like a 6.4L Durango if it ever comes. Heard that rumor from last year dealers conference in Vegas.....still waiting.

Think I will start my daughter out on the 88 GTA - about a third of the horses and an auto. She loves the cars - especially the HC.

Sorry OP for the temporary hijack - hope you get that Viper and your wife is a great lady. Thank you for your service.

• Agree Agree x 1