Sticky Tire With a ZR "Y" Rating?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Wheels and Tires' started by VanishingPoint, Jul 1, 2015.

1. VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looking for a Sticky Tire With a ZR "Y" Rating? I need launch and top speed safety and load rating.

Wondering what is out there-the Nitto competition tires I am told are only W (168mph).

2. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Pirelli PZero 315/35 Y rating along with a soft 160 thread wear.
    Those are the "unicorns" that are built for Ferrari. I have them on my rears with the 10.5" wheels. They measure avout 12.6" section width. They are WIDE! With my spacers my effective backset is about 22mm and I believe the max space remaining between these and the liners is 1/8". 20 mm or the OEM 18.5mm should work fine. I may take them off this weekend for an inspection. They are sticky, I have been running about 36 psi cold. Able to get 3.8 second 0-60's on pavement that is rather slick (not concrete). Sorry VP the state of MN overlays asphalt with a red looking rock that really slicks up after it wears. They seem just marginally slicker than my Nittos 555r on the 9.5" wheels.

IMO these are about the best compromise currently for straight line, ride and handling. Yep....they corner like champs. Did 0.90g the other day, not a bit of squeal yet. We will keep trying out favorite corners faster and faster.