Still waiting since 9 September.

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by SRCHALLENGER, Jan 6, 2015.

1. SRCHALLENGER

SRCHALLENGER Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    well its been one bad experience after another with Dodge. I ordered the Sublime Green, Manual, Laguna seats, Red Seat Belts. Black Hood, and Engine Block Heater on September 9, and still only have a VON.
    Went from BX status to BG status. So yesterday I went to the dealer and dropped the black hood option.
    At this point the I really don't care if I ever get picked up anymore.
    I have called 17 dealers in the southeast that have hellcats on there show room floors. All of them asking $10K to $20K over MSRP. They can find someone else who is willing to pay that.
    This will be the last Dodge product I ever purchase from them.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dtoldave

Dtoldave Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The other option you picked also slows it down, and the color, Do you know what allocation you are at the dealer also? This could play a big role in the time frame.

3. Jerry Zad

Jerry Zad Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My hunch is the dealer knew he had now allocation to sell you. If he didn't know that then he isn't much of a businessman and if he did then he is a dishonest businessman.

4. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If your dealer didnt have any coming that could be a source of the problem, just trying to help.

5. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well I am also waiting since 9/9, Im holding out for the black hood, come hell or high water.

6. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok. I had a dealer with allotment.
    "My" hellcat was built first of Nov..
    Has been released as of dec 1st..
    And. On Hold for... According to SRT;
    First was snow storm, then said they'ed lost it (even so far as to tell me they Have someone walking lot to find) I did get one honest "have no idea what delay/hold is..and I still sit today with no idea wth is going on. I did learn if you refuse to hang up they will transfer you to floor SRT manager (calls herself Lisa) but I didn't expect not receive any more honest answers. I've called Corp line and asked for help as well and, well, nut N! Just total disrespect and saying whatever. bout ready say hell with it and go with Stingray.

7. ArtOfNoize

ArtOfNoize Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I feel your pain and frustration. I just took delivery of mine on Monday at 11pm. No dealer prep no wash no full tank of gas. We had a few inches of snow coming with ice the following day so my salesman stayed late Monday until it arrived. Most frustrating experience from start to finish. Dealers are really helpless once the order is put in. I dropped the black hood as well but kept the Laguna. Ordered on 9/9 and missed 7 ETAs. Sat in Taylor for over a month ago I dropped the hood option and it sat for 3 more weeks. It was then moved to Toledo supplier park and held for damage to the chin spoiler. I work at the Toledo plant so I went out and inspected it and it was very minor and unless you got on your knees and looked under you could not see it. I called the dealer and they called the shipping terminal and told them to release it. It sat for 3 more days with a coating of ice and snow. We put in multiple calls to Cassens to try to get it released before the bad weather hit on Tuesday. It was promised on Monday before 9pm I got it at 11pm. I nursed it home into the garage and cranked the heat up to 80 to defrost her. She wad filthy inside and out. I was able to clean and detail the interior. At this time there isn't much I can do about the outside, we are getting wind chills of 20 below 0. Dealer is going to do everything they were supposed to do at delivery when the weather breaks. They also agreed to replace the spoiler for me. All in all, it was one of the worst experiences ever. With all that said and done, I would do it all over again for this car. ;)

8. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Weather same here. Only "good" side so far I guess. Glad was worth wait for you! Hoping I can hang in there. Also know if I "pull out" then dealer gets to mark the puppy up and somebody will pay it! Like throwing baby/bath water.
    aaahhhh ! Jus pisses me off. supposed to be fun/exciting.and also embrassed from all the "you got it yet?" from others. dang Dodge!

9. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    glad you got your baby home :)

10. ArtOfNoize

ArtOfNoize Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks guys. I hear ya about the "got your car yet?" comments. I was really sick of them too.

11. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ill bet if you offer one of those $10k adm's ---$5k one would take it...maybe not today, but if you call every 3-4 days finally one will take it......also every day more are shipping which = more opportunities....you may find one for MSRP in 3 days like i did or 3 months...its up to you and luck
    make it your hobby

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015