Sto-N-Sho Using Only 1 Bolt

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Appearance' started by CubeMan, Jun 23, 2015.

1. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I had a night with the police while at a car show on private property, She gave me a hard time about my no-front plate while at a car show and i told her to go write the ticket and ill send the appeal the next morning about me being on private property. I had the front plate in the trunk and i'd just zip tie it on if she waited for me to leave after the show.

I figured i'd bolt on the sto-n-sho i bought a while back to prevent me from wasting zipties and scratching the lip. Then i took a look at how the sto-n-sho wanted me to use 3 bolts and drill two holes, **** that. Trust me with a drill? Yeah ok.

So i just did the one bolt that you use from the existing bolt and tightened it on, it's perfect. It doesn't hang or sag or driving it doesn't flex or etc. It doesn't turn or etc either when fully tightened.

Can't wait till the next show when she comes up to my car.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. cruizinrc

cruizinrc HCC New Jersey State President Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You answered my question on the one bolt enough to hold it I've had in my brain
    Thanks
    Ron

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    :(

4. noboost4you

noboost4you <Insert witty title here>

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Spoke with a couple officers at a car show this past weekend regarding no license plate. They both laughed and said it's not something worthy of pulling anyone over. He did mention, however, if you are pulled over for something else (i.e. speeding), they'll certainly tack it on the 'bill'.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed my best friend and brother-in-law and friend here on the forum are all LEO and say the same thing. Sounds like the cop is jealous of your cat. I take a daily inventory on how many cars I see without a front plate. For some reason it's more than you would think here in this state. Sorry you had to drill your cat.

6. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did you end up putting holes in your bumper?? I wonder if you could laser image the plate, and make one out of vinyl, and stick it on your bumper. Act's as the same thing,, plate number, state, expiration date!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That is actually not a bad idea! Here in WA you don't need tabs on the front just the back. That and some vehicles get a pass for no front bumper because they can't be fixed to the bumper like Viper's.

8. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Another idea is put a small 3/4 inch magnetic bar on the plate, and a small metal bar on the black part of the lower grille, and set your plate there when driving... Must order dealers still have the magnet on the back of there plate ( covered in tape) so when you do a test drive they just stick it to the side of the car..stays on at any speed

9. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Or if you get a cool officer they will write you a ticket for no front plate over speeding

10. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You'd be violating the law with a counterfeit plate, even if it is a copy of your own. (New York State Law)

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. DrKopp

DrKopp Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Just got pulled over for 'no front plate.' I had it clearly visible in the lower right windshield as I refuse to drill the bumper. Cop was a dick and just said to take it up with the judge as it was not attached to the front bumper. Iowa code just says it needs to be 'attached to the motor vehicle, one in the front and one in the rear.' He then asked me to sign it and i did with the initials F.U. I guess I will see the prick in court.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. F6F

F6F BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What a moron!!! Those police officers give the rest a bad name. Maybe he is related to efing CCoyote

13. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Any pics of how/where it's installed? May need to do this myself... hopefully it works just as easily on the Chargers?

14. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like New York State had a hard on about the front LP. Out here in Cali. nobody's cares. I've talked to numerous LEOs and never once have they ever brought up the issue. Most of them love the CAT.

15. rwhite692

rwhite692 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Out here in CA you are highly unlikely to get pulled over just for having no front plate. But CHP will write you a fix-it ticket (no fine) for it, if they pull you over for some other infraction. Happened to my wife not too long ago (speeding), just had to mount the front plate and stop by the CHP office and get it signed off.

So in the case of the HC, I plan to run no front plate day-to-day, but will get a stow-n-show or a similar mount.