SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Stock HC 1/4 Mile Performance - What Numbers Did Your Cat Put Down

32K views 121 replies 27 participants last post by  Doublewide 
#1 ·
I didn't see this posted anywhere but I was curious what your stock HC performance has been with the factory setup right down to the Pirelli PZero tires. I know many have upgraded to DR's and many other mods but I'm just interested in how close everyone ran with the stock set up to the numbers Dodge advertised for the Challenger (11.2 @ 125 mph) What setup combination did you use to get there?

My Car is a 2015 A8 - To date I've went a best of 11.54 @ 125.29... This is on a test and tune night at our local track so traction is limited (not much prep) which is hurting ET but my MPH is there. This is in the 700HP, Trans in "Track mode" The Traction in "Sport mode" and suspension in "Street mode". 45 PSI in the front tires 21 PSI in the rear. I start in second gear and after launch click it to Auto. (I do have a line lock and do a short burnout) I know it's got more in it... just struggling with traction... as soon as the sun goes down the dew sets in the ET's drop off as I have to be less aggressive with the launch. Has anyone found a better technique/setup to use with the stock car? I'm planning on going to the final Test & Tune of the year this Wednesday... my goal with the stock setup was 11.3 @ 125... so I'm half way there.

#2 ·
A friend with a stock 2016 Challenger with the A8 got 11.07 last weekend. He had Nitto DR but said there was still some spinning happening and thinks that 10's are doable. He said the two other Hellcats there were in the 11.92 range. He was using 94 octane fuel but would not elaborate on his hedges on the competition :)

Reactions: Hemi Rocket
#7 ·
A friend with a stock 2016 Challenger with the A8 got 11.07 last weekend. He had Nitto DR but said there was still some spinning happening and thinks that 10's are doable. He said the two other Hellcats there were in the 11.92 range. He was using 94 octane fuel but would not elaborate on his hedges on the competition :)
Yeah... I'm sure mine will go 11.0's or quicker with DR's... I'm just seeing how fast I can get it to go on the Pzero's. Will go the DR route next year.

#8 ·
Nice running HR. Your going to hit your mark
Hey MAB... this Wednesday is the last test & tune night at LV... I'm planning on going as long as the weather is going to be good.

#12 ·
Not Spectacular... 1.841, 1.842... and on the 11.54 pass it was a 1.908. These passes were all with the sun up... as soon as it goes down the dew sets in quick and heavy... times go south.

#10 ·
A factory stock Challenger ran 11.45@125 at Norwalk last Weds.

#11 ·
My '16 A8 Challenger went 11.27 at 124.56 on P zero neros At NED in june 1500 'da 1.865 60 ft
dead stock , small burn out leave at 1100 in 1st and let it shift just rolled in power not open till 2nd gear.
Backed it up with a 11.30... I cannot wait till I can try the MTss's with good air. But rain showing for this week.

#14 ·
Nice... so we have a confirmed 11.2 on Pzero's. So you did start in first... I only tried first a couple of times and both times I had tire spin so I went back to starting in second. Maybe I'll try first again... who is doing the shifting... you or computer?

#16 ·
I let the computer shift it that way the shift is consistant. I just do the burn out in second and then put it in drive.
it shifts right where I would anyway, and I am busy trying to manage the traction. I used 24 psi to keep the tire from cupping, it seamed to work. Also had 3/4 tank of fuel for weight. trans in track, traction control off I would up using sport for the suspension it helped manage the wheel hop in street there was too little dampening
OK thx 555ss... I had a 1/4 tank of fuel I'll try it with more in the tank... try first gear with the suspension in sport... are you saying you turn traction control full off?

#19 ·
Yes I am running traction control full off.... But I have driven a 3200 lb mid 8 second car for years with 10.5 non w tires running a 555 inch BBC that makes 950 on motor and 300+ on spray leaving off a trans brake .....
I then bumped the tires to 31 x 18.5 hoosier QTPs and the car does HUGE wheelies, It will run 8.40 at 165 with the front tires 3 feet off the ground for 300 feet, it is too much fun needs a chute to stop. I run that car mostly on nights for fun..

The Cat on these tiny little tires can be a bit of a handfull with the traction control full off so becareful, the walls are not that far away and bad shit happens pretty fast. I have see many cars plant the wall because the driver stayed in it too long.....

#58 ·
3.5 multiple times with drag radials (Nitto 555) and tires fairly cold. I think I can get below that once a find a place for a good burnout and multiple runs with Police Interference.

#18 ·
I would guess the FCA advertised times were on a prepared track, with nearly treadless P-Zeros, following the FAST technique of using almost bald bias ply tires to run 10.2's on F-70 X 14 tires with a 500 cu in Hemi. The 10.8s will require drag radials, a prepped track and good air. I was running 11.5s on P-Zeros in 95 degree heat.

#20 ·
It looks like the weather is going to hold up around us so we're going to the track tonight and see if we can shave some more time off that 11.5.

#24 ·
OK thx 555ss... I had a 1/4 tank of fuel I'll try it with more in the tank... try first gear with the suspension in sport... are you saying you turn traction control full off?
I recommend a full tank of gas and I recommend running in Sport mode for traction/stability mode. That is in fact a "traction control off" mode, as you can see by the warning light in the dash that you will get. It will not intervene if the car is going straight, period. So, if it does intervene, then you were not going to put a good number on the score board or your time slip anyways.

Just last week at Irwindale me, and my friends in the stands, witnessed a pretty hard crash right in front of us. It was an older mustang with no electronics/stability control. The car was pretty fast and did a sudden spin/turn into the Wall and it was pretty loud when it hit the wall. Lots of damage. We all agreed that it looked like something happened mechanically with the car or there was some oil on the track and that he had no chance to save it.

So, here is the question you have to ask yourself. Do you want the best time by possibly a few hundredths/tenths of a second you could possibly get no matter what? Even if technically you COULD get that perfect run in Sport mode. . . . . . VS, the probability that the car would save you in the case of a situation like that mustang above.

#25 ·
Almost every pass I've made is with Traction Control in Sport mode... I don't think it's a 100% off unless you hold the traction control button down until it chimes. (Can anyone verify this... they say it is but I'm not sure of that) I certainly don't want to be the Cat into the wall... but I've found the car to be manageable when it loses traction meaning I just pedal it a little until it gets traction. Many of the guys I've seen lose control of their cars (You Tube) they don't get out of it... they think they are going to be John Force or something and put on a show. (Some end up more famous than others;)) To me when it starts spinning that run is done... meaning I'm not getting a slip with good numbers on on the return road. So I just let it get traction and get back into it so I can run thru the traps at 120+ MPH. I'm not a drag racer... I just like drag racing and have done it for many years. I like letting the Cat stretch its legs like it was meant to do in a place that's legal to do it. My intent of the thread was to find out what the real world is seeing for times and MPH on a bone stock Cat with Pzero's and what have they done to get there. Tonight the last test & tune for a Wednesday night so I wanted to see if someone found the magic combo of parameters. I've leaving in 10 min... I'll post up later how we made out. Thx to all for the reply's!:D

#26 ·
The Cat put up good numbers tonight... and exceeded my expectations. I started in first gear all night and let the computer do the shifting. That was a little tricky as it is so easy to blow the Pzero's off it. 1/2 tank of fuel... Trans in Track, Traction in Sport, suspension in Street. I went a 11.40 @ 127.65 and then later that night I bettered it with a 11.25 @ 127.02. Both of these passes it spun and I had to pedal and go but it pulled like a freight train on top end. They said the DA was 150... and no dew tonight. Thanks guys for the tips and suggestions... we hit and exceeded the numbers Dodge claimed. ;) So this car is for real... and I think it can still go quicker on the Pzero's with more track prep. I had a scare with a Camaro... he had big DR's and he jumped me off the light by a couple car lengths but we drove around him on the big end. That one felt good!:D

Reactions: dragrcr and Robert7
#31 ·
Those are amazing runs for street tires. I wish I had a good quarter mile track near me. My local track is 1/8th mile. But I always go for the throat. So I had Drag Radials sitting here ready to put on when I got my car home from the dealer. All the runs I have ever made with my car have been on Drag Radials. I don't even have any street tires anymore.

To answer your question in your previous post : Sport mode disables the traction control, and then if you hold the button 10 seconds and get the chime, THEN the "stability control" aspect is defeated. Like you said, if the stability control is kicking in your run is blown by then, so you might as well let it save "you", and your beautiful Hellcat. Obviously the Sport mode is not slowing you down :)

Post up your time slips when you get a chance and tell us what track you ran at etc.

Thx for the explanation on traction control... it just wasn't clear to me. The track is Lebanon Valley Dragway... this track is about a 1/2 hour west of Albany NY... close to the NY/Mass boarder. It's a nice facility but guys have told me their cars a little faster at Englishtown. I'll post up the slips as soon as I get a chance.

#32 ·
CONGRATS NICE work 127.65 and 127.02 is great for a 4600 lb car!!!! I bet it spun a bit more on the first run alot of times a bit of spin at the launch( not a Force burn out) or in 60 feet will make higher MPH but it hurts ET.
I cannot wait to run mine with decent air the best I have had so DA far was 1500 feet, got tied up at work last night and it was at 350' at 7:00 but it had been misty all day so that and being really late I left it in the garage.
Thx 555ss... good advice on starting in 1st gear... I gotta admit it takes a a smooth application of the throttle with the Pzero's to get off the line. I didn't try the suspension in sport as I was so impressed with my first pass that I wanted to just focus on that setup before changing anything. I did try more fuel just over a half a tank when I started. Yeah hard to believe a stock 4600+ car can get down the track like that. I was very pleased with the numbers the Cat put up on the board.

#35 ·
Yeah one of the guys at the track with a GT500 said the DA was 150. Yeah I was very happy with the passes we made that night... it went 126mph or better all night... a couple passes she dropped to the 11.6's but that was all due to traction... really tough. Does anyone know what the fastest pass is on a stock car with Pzero's... just curious what's left in it. I know there is more as every pass spun with some minor wheel hop.

#36 ·
I have heard of a couple different cars run an 11.0X . One was from a reputable board member and the other was from when these cars first came out at an event in Texas where the DA was exceptional.

For me the way to get the best times are going to be exceptional DA at a well prepped track that is KNOWN for good ET's like Atco or Englishtown etc 20 PSI in the tires, nearly bald tires, good static burnout, full tank of gas and a #100 sack of cement in the trunk (or two) stall it up to about 1800 rpm and roll the throttle down in drive. Even then you are going to need a good cooldown for each run and lots of practice and pretty much a little bit of luck. I also would consider pulling the air filter out, but not 100% sure about that one. Think about this, I have personally seen 60 foots down in the 1.60's on the stock tires. Compare that to your runs.....Gulp.

#37 ·
Wow... 1.60's 60'... That is my 11.0... or better! Like you say need good DA and a well prepped track. I think I'm going to have to go on a day they are racing and prepping the track... We don't get that on a T&T night!... or I should take a weekend and head to Englishtown. Probably 3 plus hours from me. Well I got my 11.2 at 125+ so I can go into the winter satisfied and plan my march into the 10's! Thx for the comments and responses to all that posted.

Reactions: ChallengerDad
#38 ·
My best at the Hemmings MUSCLEPALOOZA races on 9/4/16 was 11.302 @ 127.79 on the stock PZeros. The DA wasn't bad, and track prep was pretty good. My Cat is completely stock except for a few cosmetic mods.

We lost to the eventual winner in the Semifinal round. I think there were between 50 and 60 cars in the "Late Model" class that day.
Lebanon Valley Dragway

#39 ·
My best at the Hemmings MUSCLEPALOOZA races on 9/4/16 was 11.302 @ 127.79 on the stock PZeros. The DA wasn't bad, and track prep was pretty good. My Cat is completely stock except for a few cosmetic mods.
Nice pass Bob...great MPH... Haven't seen you in a while hope all is well. Are you bringing the Cat to "Mopars At Valley" Oct 8th?

Reactions: ChallengerDad
#44 ·
Yeah... you can tell it's cool there that day with the jackets they were wearing and if they really prepped the track to maximize the launch I certainly see 11.0's as being possible and with an 11.03 in the books a 10.90's pass is less than a blink away. Does the Charger have an advantage in the 1/4... I know it has superior aero but the longer WB would seem to work against it for a 1/4 mile pass? (less weight transfer which would hurt the launch hence hurt the ET)?

#47 ·
First of all, that is a Press car. It could easily be a ringer or at the very least hand selected. Also renting the track and having it to yourself would be the ultimate. You could have them prep and then you could do as many launches as you want to get it down to where you were consistently launching real good. Then just sit and let the car cool down and ice the blower. Have them touch up the track and then do your best run with a cool motor right on a fresh track. Remember him saying they had to work real hard to get that time? That is all the burnouts to get the tires near bald (better footprint, lighter and shorter for better gear ratio), icing the blower, spraying the track, eating lunch etc.

At Irwindale they use some low VOC traction compound that does not work nearly as well as the VHT , that is cut with alcohol. I am sure they were using the good stuff and that works best when the track prep is fresh and undisturbed. So, yeah I would say they had an advantage that most of us will never see. All the cars I have had have always done their best 60 foot right when the track just opened and the prep is fresh/best. They had that on EVERY run.

Also, EVERY Charger that I have seen running in person were about .1 slower than Challengers. I have never seen an exceptional Charger that was known to be stock. Think about this, I saw a video with Linda's Charger when it was dead stock and I think it was posting 11.20's and 11.30's on Drag Radials. Not sure what the conditions were. I have seen MANY like that, especially if the DA was sucking. Then these Guys are running 11.03 on STREET tires? Wow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.