Stolen 2016 Charger Hellcat Features!

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by GoodCaptain, Jun 2, 2016.

1. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This is my favorite car of the many that I've owned. After owning the SRT 392, this thing is even more fun. But SRT could put some stuff back and make me even happier...

1) ACC. Yep, take a long drive and the adaptive cruise control is sorely missed. This was a GREAT feature and I wish I could have it back. I know the reasons why it was deleted.

2) Auto-Dim headlights. These were another great feature, especially on dark winding roads. They worked PERFECTLY on my SRT 392 and I miss them.

3) Rear Armrest. What the hell, man?! Why cut this on the premium car? My son needed this and it's a stupid thing to cut from a car at the price point.

4) Rain sensing wipers. Seriously? How did THIS get cut? Are the margins for the Hellcat so poor? I've heard that FCA loses money on the Hellcats, but I would hve paid extra for the wipers!

5) Fog lights. Okay, I get it, but they are missed.

6) Lane keeping/Collission avoidance. I'm a bit ashamed to say that the collision avoidance system saved me twice. Deleted for the same reason as the ACC.

7) True ECO mode: And by this I mean the cylinder deactivation that my SRT 392 had. It meant an extra 3 MPG if I was good on the pedal and it was another kind of fund to see what MPG I could manage.

Now don't get me wrong! This car is amazing and I love it. It does things that the SRT 392 can't and also has some slick features of it's own (Red key, vented hood, nicer gauge layout in P-Pages etc.) along with that funny looking thing mounted atop my engine that screams like an angry panther.

Awesome car, but there's always room to complain. 2500 miles and no problems.

Robert

• Like Like x 3
  2. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My 2015 Challenger has auto dim and auto wipers, are you sure your Charger does not have these two options Capt?

Keep the cylinder deactivation. 24-27 mpg with 700+ hp, I am happy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    my challenger has auto dim headlights, auto rain sensing wipers, rear arm rest. and i dont want cylinder deactivation as it sucks, causes delay in getting on it and i cant believe that helps with engine wear.

4. CrazyCat83

CrazyCat83 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed! Though I HATED the cylinder deactivation. Only for the fact that the response time was slowed when you went WOT and it adjusted the sound of the car a bit. I do miss the fog lights as well. Gave it a cool look.

5. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    X4 on the cylinder deactivation....I despised it on the 2013 SRT I own and couldn't wait for tuning to come out to get rid of it...belongs on economy cars not muscle cars....the other stuff...I don't miss any of it but my HC is not a DD and stuff like the auto wipers mean nothing for a car that doesn't get driven in the rain...but I do like the features mentioned when driving my Ram truck and wife's Durango..

6. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hey! This is the CHARGER forum!

We KNOW the Challenger Hellcat got a few extras that the Charger didn't. But we got the extra doors and the faster car! ;-)

Robert

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You are putting some miles on it cappy. Keep it up and have some fun

8. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No collision avoidance, but the blind spot indicators are awesome. And the rear backup radar too.....
    Funny, My cat came with auto high beams, and rain sensing wipers and they both work very well.
    On the rear seat arm rest, maybe the center drink holder servers that purpose. Couldn't tell you because there is only one seat I occupy.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. toasteroven

toasteroven Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    My SRT-4s rear crank windows (power front windows!) are very familiar with Chryco cost-cutting. Shame it's popped up again, I thought we were past those dark times.

The list of things I can't believe they removed and still "claim" to suffer a loss on Hellcat sales (which I don't believe):
    - turn signals in the mirrors
    - heated/cooled cupholders
    - the ACC - it's become like A/C I really miss it when I don't have it in the other cars
    - Rainsense... not so much, because my own personal preference doesn't match it's sensitivity, and it goes into HYPERMODE more often than not.
    - auto highbeams... again, not so much because I found it fairly useless
    - adaptive lighting - I can't believe this didn't make the cut at the 'Cat's pricepoint
    - door sill plates - more of a Chrysler thing (300s have them, Chargers don't), but again, are we really nickle and diming here?

I know some things (like ACC) were pulled more for real reasons (cooling), but it's offset in my 300 and it works fine, so I'm surprised they didn't put it in the Challenger's passenger headlight air intake. Likely too offset.

10. YLWJKT

YLWJKT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The biggest issue I have is no rear seat arm rest/drink holder.
    My daughters frequently used the one in my Wife's 2013
    SRT Charger, and the 2015 Hellcat Chargers did come with it.
    Wonder why Dodge discontinued it for 2016 in the Hellcat Charger and gave us the police car seat back instead?

11. toasteroven

toasteroven Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I'm wondering the exact same thing - supplier issue perhaps? But that doesn't make any sense, since the SRTs and Scats can be optioned with the exact same rear seats (Laguna + black/black and red/black Alcantra in SRT, and the black/black, red/black Alcantra in the Scats).

Is it a Laguna thing? Maybe only the Laguna seats got the armrest dropped? Anyone with a '16 SRT 392 with Laguna or Hellcat without Laguna around?

12. clickr

clickr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Choices, choices, etc. While a lot of the forum members are spending hundreds if not thousands hopping up their HC, when I get mine I will spend the time and effort and money into changing out the seats (six-eight way power driver and passenger). Seat material that I like, not the only two options available and the door panels (have to be the same for the same model). How about the rear back seat and back rest (get one with the pull down bolster). And I am sure I could find other touches to swap out from lesser versions of the Charger. Maybe even some real smart shop could retrofit the Technology package from a 392 into the HC. That would be sweet.

Cheers,