SRT Hellcat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

stolen hellcats? RS has proven this a Bust...not true

24K views 175 replies 36 participants last post by  1FSTCAT 
#1 ·
Hi,
Someone I met thru a FB Hellcat page posted that his dealer just informed him that his Hellcat along with others were stolen from a rail yard in Georgia.. anyone hear anything about this? He purchased thru a dealer in Georgia where it was headed then from there it was to be shipped to him in Oregon.

#38 ·
Hi,
Someone I met thru a FB Hellcat page posted that his dealer just informed him that his Hellcat along with others were stolen from a rail yard in Georgia.. anyone hear anything about this? He purchased thru a dealer in Georgia where it was headed then from there it was to be shipped to him in Oregon.

This is Rhu...I am the one whose car was stolen. Don Jackson Dodge in Atlanta, Ga. informed me today that my paid in full Hellcat SRT was stolen from a train hub in Hapeville, Ga. along with 12 others. This does seem like a scam, although you never know. I have followed this car through the build process daily, it was supposed to have arrived at the dealership MONDAY January 5,2015, it never arrived. So , I called SRT and now they are looking into the status of my Hellcat. Meanwhile I'm wondering what the HELL is going on. I wish there was a way to contact someone higher up in the company so I could get some help with this. I have requested a police report from Don Jackson Dodge. We will see if they come through with it or not. If anyone in that area has seen or heard anything that will confirm this "Stolen Hellcats" story, please let me know. Thanks~Rhu

#42 · (Edited)
This is Rhu...I am the one whose car was stolen. Don Jackson Dodge in Atlanta, Ga. informed me today that my paid in full Hellcat SRT was stolen from a train hub in Hapeville, Ga. along with 12 others.
There have been a total so far of only 30 going through that hub, and most were delivered in November/December...

I really have a hard time believing that someone/anyone could steal 13 vehicles from a railyard, let alone 13 specific vehicles such as the Hellcat - especially since that hub has NEVER had anywhere near 13 Hellcat's there at one time.

We're talking almost a million $ in value, if true this would certainly be all over the news. But of course it's not true, I've heard a lot of dealer "stories" over the years and this one will have to be placed near the top of "the lol list".

Is your HC a Phantom Black? If so it left Hapeville after being on hold and should be at your dealer soon.

#40 ·
Yes, it was also Don Jackson, gentleman's name was Patrick I believe.

#45 ·
everyone keeps assuming that when they say 1 hellcat along with 12 others that they mean 13 hellcats. I read it as 1 hellcat and 12 OTHER cars.

That said, I still don't believe it, but I never took it as meaning 13 hellcats were stolen. Keep us post Rhuz

#48 ·
I've beeen lurking here for a long time and it sucks that this is my first post but I do have a suggestion. If you are having trouble getting a hold of a police report or any straight answers from anyone I'd go to your local PD and have your VIN ran through NCIC. If it doesn't come back hot then you know your dealer is full of crap. Likewise, if it does come back stolen, the reporting agency the case number and possibly a limited amount of information about what happened will be on the hit. Good luck to the guys who are being told this, and I hope it is not a bunch of dealer games. Like wise I hope it isn't true either.

#51 ·
Advertising to sell a stolen Hellcat for $165K? I'm having real difficulty with several parts of that assertion...

#57 · (Edited by Moderator)
This was posted on Another Challenger Forum on 10/21/14. Something seems fishy here...

And this is what Rhu Austin posted on the Doge Challenger Face Book back on Sept 12... Yes it's the same

"HELLCAT BUYERS and dealers If you're thinking about buying a Hellcat do not put money down on one that is not allotted to that dealer, dealers all over the country are telling you they can order one and they cannot only if there are alloted one are they able to take your order. I have made extensive phone calls to dealers all over the country trying to find one at a fair price many dealers are using this to make extra money ,when this car was originally designed 4 people like me who are on a limited budget and don't have 20,000 on top of MSRP. If anyone can me order this car and you are alloted some please help me. My name is Rhu Austin 541-441-0644"

And if you are a member of the forums... I stand by my comment...

#58 · (Edited by Moderator)
This was posted on another Challenger Forum on 10/21/14. Something seems fishy here...

And this is what Rhu Austin posted on the Doge Challenger Face Book back on Sept 12... Yes it's the same

"HELLCAT BUYERS and dealers If you're thinking about buying a Hellcat do not put money down on one that is not allotted to that dealer, dealers all over the country are telling you they can order one and they cannot only if there are alloted one are they able to take your order. I have made extensive phone calls to dealers all over the country trying to find one at a fair price many dealers are using this to make extra money ,when this car was originally designed 4 people like me who are on a limited budget and don't have 20,000 on top of MSRP. If anyone can me order this car and you are alloted some please help me. My name is Rhu Austin 541-441-0644"

And if you are a member of the forums... I stand by my comment...
what makes it fishy in your eyes? maybe I'm just not connecting the dots that you are. Dude was looking for a car in Sept getting frustrated that it was hard to find one at MSRP....found a dealer and ordered one, now dealer is saying it got stolen. Only fishy I see is what the dealer is saying

#67 ·
Rhuz, gather up all your paperwork for your car and go to your local police department. Explain what your dealer told you and ask them to check the VIN through NCIC. If it doesn't come back with a hit, then your dealership is blowing smoke up your tailpipe. If that is the case I'd contact your dealer and ask for a straight story, and if they insist that it was stolen you've got the proof to the contrary. Depending on the paperwork you've signed for the car, you could tell them that you're going to file a theft report on your own or you could contact an attorney about a breach of contract and end taking the dealer to court.

#71 ·
I'm interested in this also. Those who dealers have said they were "stolen" you can contact the state police and if you have a VIN handy they can check if it's hot (Stolen). If you pre-insured the car already which is possible when you have a VIN, Insurance may pay out in this case.

#73 ·
Espically because insurance companies would have to make up for ADM since the actual cash value is over MSRP. It'd be a fight as they offer MSRP at the start, but once you fix that they'd be shelling over 70k even if you paid 65-66k for one.

#81 ·
While the person may have pre-paid for the car, it's not sold until they take delivery i.e. he was not owner at time of theft. If it was on rail (from Chrysler) to a dealer, Chrysler owns the car. LEO would not run NCIC against a VIN for the person intending to purchase the car. The person intending to purchase the car has nothing to insure here. The dealer receiving the car (in GA) couldn't execute a sales contract because they had nothing to sell, regardless of pre-payment. There is no exposure to the intended purchaser here, and no recourse, except to wait for another car or cancel the purchase.

#84 ·
You are correct, the only one harmed if this true is Dodge. The dealer will get another car sometime so they won't be out anything and you can't force someone to sell something they dont have. Dealer didnt do anything wrong if the story is true, which I dont believe.

#82 ·
Something sounds fishy,, even if it were 13 cars, and only one hellcat,, it would make the local news,,, I live in Michigan and a few weeks ago they reported on the news of about 6 cars that got there wheels stolen,, and they went out of there way to make sure to list one as a preproduction charger hellcat,, with video

#85 ·
I also dont think it would make the news, because Dodge or the Transport people dont want this info released. It makes other people think they can do the same thing, sounds like my dumb ass brother in law.

#86 ·
Oh shizzy, WE ARE RELATED!!! I have a dumb a$$ brother in law too!!!! He's a Hetrick btw...lol;) Oh, and he's a truck driver...hmmmmm, but not smart enough to pull something like this off. He would have gotten caught and be calling me for bail money. o_O

#89 ·
I just got a call from a guy telling me he is selling Hellcat's out of the back of his van for below sticker!!! I told him if he can paint the hood black we have a deal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.