Stopped by a local dealer last night....

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Meowpar, May 21, 2016.

1. Meowpar

Meowpar Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just to see what color HC Challengers they had. I told the salesman I was looking for billet silver with a black hood, he told me black hoods aren't available anymore??? Does anyone know if there's any truth to this? I'm hoping this guy,like most of the salesmen I've talked to, simply just has no idea what he's talking about.

2. kruzin

kruzin Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Saw one at my dealer several weeks ago, It was the one I was dealing on until I saw the Granite Crystal that just came in.

3. terryturner

terryturner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Care on a wrapped hood is much simpler than the factory satin hood. Cheaper too I'm sure

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. shadowsk

shadowsk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My local dealer had a red with black hood just last week.

5. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I believe he's mistaken...

6. Jason SC

Jason SC Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Interesting... I have 2016 HC with the alternate hood that has several paint imperfections. Took it the local dealership, they digital imaged this issue along with three others (crystal metallic paint on front fender and a seat issue). Dodge returned authorization for repair noting "factory defects". Left car for what was suppose to be a two repair, they had it a week and could not find an autobody shop in San Diego that would do the work. The dealership told me to create a grievance with FCA. I did and in the end they stated that these paint imperfections are a "characteristic" of the car. This s after Dodge took responsibility for the factory imperfection as they called it.
    I live in San Diego but bought in Vegas due to price. I am currently working with the Vegas dealership to address.
    Anyone else have this issue?

7. FINALLYSATISFIED

FINALLYSATISFIED Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good luck finding a perfect car. You will find imperfections if your looking for them, trust me. If you do get the hood repaired, the factory paint will no longer be on it which in the long run will do more damage then good. Nothing is like the OEM paint.

I too live in San Diego, but I purchased the car from a San Diego dealer but didn't take possession until we drove the car to AZ, so technically I bought the car out of state. I paid 3% sales tax minus the difference of my trade in oppose to paying 8% CA sales tax.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice that you can beat the tax man this way. Here in Mass there is no way around paying the 6.25 percent sales tax no matter where you buy it. You pay the tax on the full price of the car and warranty if you get it extra. They hit you up when you register the car. It is like a big kick in the balls after paying big bucks for one of the coolest cars you will ever buy. Now I get to pay capital gains to Feds and state from selling my Buick GSX for a profit. Governments suck plain and simple.

9. 10dot3

10dot3 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That doesn't sound right. Everything I have read says the sales tax is based on the zip code you live in.
    When did you buy your car? If it was recently, it wouldn't surprise me if you got a bill for the difference.

10. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, it was a bit of a hassle. I had NC plates on my trade in. When I mentioned me transferring my plates over to the Hellcat they looked at me like I had 2 heads. I was told CA did not allow transfer of plates when making a vehicle purchase. So this was my only option, other than registering it in CA, etc. my DL isn't even CA, so I would have had to get a DL in CA and all of that. Easier for me to drive to AZ and register my vehicle on my own.

11. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've had my vehicle for almost a year now. No bill of difference will get mailed to me, I'm sure of that. I'm not a resident of CA. My DL isn't CA and none of my vehicles are registered in CA.

12. m5biemer

m5biemer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Just get it wrapped if you want the black hood.

13. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agree.....and pocket the savings!