Strange phone call from SRT.

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Jim M, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Jim M

Jim M SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    SRT called and wanted to know if I had my VON number. I told them I no longer had a VON since they never moved my ordered car from BG status. I bought another car from a different dealer. The original dealer said they were going to cancel my order. She then asked when my car was arriving at the new dealer. I told her my car has been in my driveway since May 14th. Then she asked where I bought it.
    So I'm wondering how they had my phone number and didn't have any info on what happened to my original order or the car I bought. No wonder they can't get the order/build straight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Srt8u

Srt8u Silver Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Your original dealer must have not cancelled the order. SRT is contacting all customers with VONs that were not built individually to explain the situation and offer a voucher for a 2016 at the same price as the 15. That is why you were contacted, they had no way to know you bought another car.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. CNYHC

CNYHC SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think many dealers have been gaming corporate to try to get more cars so they can charge huge ADMs. Perhaps FCA is finally trying to get a handle on this practice with an eye on customer satisfaction. With any luck, this will help prevent the dealers from gouging us...or at least, help us get the cars we order in a timely manner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think FCA is a pretty disorganized place at the corporate level. I really don't think one department talks to the other... Not even a bit! If it's not on their computer screen it didn't happen.

Just got off the horn with Uconnect yesterday to figure out why a patch repair they said I needed online for my vin was not supported? 2 hours later, turns out my entertainment system didn't need it & I have the latest & greatest software package in the car. Called Chrysler Canada when this thing was being built & the rep there was completely friggen useless... I could of found a better use out of dog poop then the individual I talked to that day...

It seems like their departments are factionalized. To support more ceo's or admin staff?..... Who knows? But it makes it painful to seek answers there.

5. Jim M

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I agree that they aren't organized at all and that was my point. They have my name all over the place including being signed up for the SRT Track Experience, warranty, etc. This same phone number that called me is also for the Track Experience. And mine is a strange last name.
    Back when I bought my '08 Challenger they badly misspelled my last name. After several attempts to correct it I was still getting mail with my name wrong.

6. nortontremblay

nortontremblay Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    when i placed my order... my sale rep told me that FCA can call me to verify is i was truly a real buyer

7. Jim M

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It would seem strange to call in Aug. to verify an order I placed on Feb. 14th.

8. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How about letting us the people.
    Order the cars online and have them give us a choice of witch dealership we would like to have the car shipped to and they can get the sale for the car at msrp.

• Like Like x 3