Street - Highway - Everyday Wheels/Tires

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by Bob Loblaw, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I know there are a lot of people here who know way more than I do so I had a question about tires/wheels. I am a realist and I will be using this car as my daily driver. I know that most of my time will be on the street not on the track. Is there anyone that has switched out the wheels/tires to something that they feel provides a better ride or more traction? Or do you think that it is a waste for someone who may never end up on the track or dragstrip. Thanks in advance. (please don't destroy me in the comments :D)

2. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bob, those wheels are high quality and take several thousand bucks to get a replacement as strong and light. I say if you don't mind their look, for what you describe, keep them. You did not say, but of course enjoy the car, use the stock tires, you paid for them and I can speak for the PZeros, they ride great. Just FYI, I am using the OEM wheels and those tires at the road race track, and they work fine. Other tires will be better, but for now, I am learning the car and racing myself, they are plenty good.

Enjoy that new car and welcome to the Forum.

David

• Like Like x 2
  3. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I swapped my Pirellis for a long lasting, softer, all season tire. I put a lot of miles on my Cat and changing tires every 10,000 miles is not in the budget. Went with Continental DWS tires.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Sb31767

Sb31767 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have stock all season but at some point may do the nitto g2 I have been reading about. Want a wider footprint and a little better grip w street launches but not a full drag radial

• Like Like x 1
  5. CPRHDSRT

CPRHDSRT Pontiac Bred ................. SRT Addicted Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bob - didn't see where you mentioned if your Charger HC came with the Pirelli summer or all-season tires ? As Puffy mentioned, the summer tires wear out pretty quickly (between 10K-20K miles - results vary with right foot stature). Upon a strong recommendation from a good friend, I recently put some 275/40ZR-20 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S on my 13 Charger SRT stock 20 x 9.0 wheels after 38K miles and two sets of 245/45ZR-20 summer tires (Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 and OEM Goodyear F1). So far they are great handling in both wet and dry conditions (course the 30mm extra width helps too) and they are very quiet. My friend has over 40K miles on his set and expects to get 60K+ miles.

20151104_071432.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I also went with a staggered setup on the stock wheels. 274/40 and 295/40 gave my Cat a better look and more rubber to the ground.

• Like Like x 1
  7. toasteroven

toasteroven Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I wish you the best of luck with the F1s - the OEM summers are a terrible, terrible tire from my own experience as well as others in our local club.

The 1st generation DWS had very soft sidewalls - I see they are a newer generation now, so hopefully this was addressed.

The popular choice in our club for year-round, all-purpose tires seems to be the General AS03. I can think of 5 cars off the top of my head with them on, all SRTs.

8. Shasta's Dad

Shasta's Dad Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've got over 15K on my 15 Challenger, with stock summer tires, rotated once. They look close to new, but, I do have a "light foot".:D