Street Racing

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Mopar707, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Mopar707

Mopar707 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    For those enthusiasts of street racing-

Reminder of the penalties that you may incur. Being charged with murder because your opponent crashed into a crowd and killed two people has really got to suck, even if you did win! Think about this before you let some dumbass in a Mustang encourage you to do something stupid on a public street in your Hellcat.

Racing belongs in a controlled track environment.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/05/izzy-valenzuela-arrested-murder-street-outlaws-racing-accident/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec3_lnk3&pLid=623520

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Amen, except the 405 I love that show:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    While it's not 'right' to street race, it's also not right to hold a person accountable for another fellows crash into a crowd. Ridiculous!
    ~What next, my buddy shoplifts, when I'm in a different aisle of the store, and then I have to go to prison because I knew him?!?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The charge of murder is ridiculous in that case. I suspect they are trying to pressure him in to giving up who was driving his Mustang. Video shows him starting the race with a flashlight.
    Participating in illegal activity yes, murder no.

Having said this, street racing is dangerous and against the law. Take it to the racetrack.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. SRThellkitty

SRThellkitty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    They're simply trying to make him the poster boy of street racing. The charge is set up as a deterrent for others to ponder the consequences.

I've had my share of street racing decades ago and although it was exciting and thrilling it was completely stupid. Street racing is bigger and much faster now which draw huge crowds thanks to social media.

It's time for some of these community leaders to come to terms with the fact there's a need to build some sort of local 1/4 track to help alleviate street racing and save the innocent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In Georgia, all parties involved in the race could be charged with vehicular homicide. Think of it this way. You and I agree to commit a crime like burglary (conspiracy). I plan the break-in. You go and burglarize the business. During the crime you kill the security guard, owner, etc. Although I did not "plan" for the killing of anyone in my plan,and even if I'm not present at the scene of the crime, I'm just as responsible under the law for their deaths...

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Barry M Nimtz

Barry M Nimtz Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I guess us "older" but not wiser generation did lots of stop light to stop light racing. Even racing in the late '60 in California was simpler then. No where near the population or traffic there is today.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. bolivarshagnasty

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So what would be considered all parties? The guy that checked the air pressure in the drag slicks? The guy that started the race? The engine builder, because he knew this guy was a street racer? What about the spectators lined up behind the cars? Legally a slippery slope for all of us. Watched a program the other night about a 17 year old who broke into a house with two buddies. Homeowner was upstairs sleeping. Came down with a pistol and shot one of the buddies. Killed him. The others were all charged with murder even though no one was armed and no one threatened any lives. Homeowner was within his right to shoot, but murder charges for both of the others?

9. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You must be a principal to the act. A group of individuals plan to street race (you agreed). You are chosen to provide the air and you do so. Although you did not drive or attend, you are culpable for the acts of the other participants in the conspiracy.

You may not agree with the premise, but it is a long-standing legal principle.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I've already argued myself out of one wreckless driving charge, I'll be avoiding that situation going forward. IE: Caren must ignore punks in Subarus.

The hardest part will be not racing tsc. :O

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    got my $$ on you, women have great reaction times. Mrs. Cuda has a reaction time and 60 ft time that is professional grade. I just shift harder and know when to feather the gas when the tires slip.

12. Lurch251

Lurch251 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hate to bust any bubbles but most of the time the 405 boys have the streets blocked off by local PDs. I came across a certain small town PD that was doing it and the news here ran a story on a time their crew came across another PD doing it. Still fun to watch them race though.

13. bolivarshagnasty

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wondered if that wasn't the case. Seems like an awful lot of commotion for someone in blue not to notice.

14. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Kinda knew that, you can't line up 8 races on a road with nice street lights and speed limit signs and not have the Po bust you. I do love watching drag racing though so it's fun to watch

15. gatorguy

gatorguy It's too late to fall in love with Sharon Tate! Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think I read somewhere that they were staging the races on an abandonded military base, the residential part of it.