Sub 10 Second Hellcats.

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by graycat, Apr 24, 2016.

1. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This morning at the Knoxville, TN Cars and Coffee I meet Leon and Jason Epling. Both very nice guys and both with stupid fast Hellcats (Sub 10 second cars).

I knew that both of these guys had Hellcats because I've saw some of their post on this forum but I had no idea how much power that they make or how quick they are. So now I'm feeling the urge to hurry up and do some work to my car and make it "stupid fast". This has me wondering. How many folks on this forum have or know of sub ten second Hellcats and what mods have been made to get them there? Most importantly, do these cars live making that kind of power?

Please speak up, Knowledge is Power and I need all that I can get of both!

2. Hellcatmichael

Hellcatmichael SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm not making any mods that void the warranty, can't afford repairs and not taking to track so 707hp is more then enough for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I completely understand your thoughts on this. If my 15 hadn't had any issues it would have had quite a bit of work done on it by now. That said, I decided to put a few thousand miles on the 16 to see if it also has issues before killing the warranty. So far so good. After meeting the two guys this morning my desire to wait is quickly subsiding.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Short list,only 8 cars that have been into the 9's that we have documentation on.
    TC, Linda,Rick,Ed, Jason(007's son) Doc B,car in Texas , christmans787

Cars may boast they have the HP but need the slip to get on the list.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the post TC! Jason Epling had the time slip and a video from Challenger Fest (a few weeks ago) He was lined up against another Charger Hellcat that was also VERY quick and seemed to have a good driver behind the wheel. I got a photo of the time slip to show a couple of my buddies that are skeptical of the kind of numbers these cars are capable of running.

I don't know if either of these cars are included in your list but they sure seem to be well under 10 seconds to me, I'm not sure who the red Charger Hellcat belonged to, I'll have to ask him if he knows.

Jason Epling Timeslip.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat
    Record Holder
    Fastest HC Charger/Record Holder

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes I am on the list...... #405 on the timeslip is me :)

So that makes 8 and the Top 5 are all HHP cars

Linda:)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. themarshall

themarshall Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Only things I have done to my H/C Charger so far over the winter alum. drive shaft & 3:09 gear change, not yet out this year I'm looking at Maple Grove Pa. & Cecil County MD. in May.

• Like Like x 2
  8. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Add christman787 to that list.. 9.96 @ 135, dumping boost in top gear...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. 007

007 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    WOW,Hey TC, I have not been in the 9's, , but jason has , 3 times at challenger fest, twice against linda. Graycat probably was just assuming I was , I guess, because he knew of my hp..
    Jason car was 111 at bowling green, should be on Linda's timeslip,.. there was no boasting done

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat
    Record Holder

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat

Congrats to Jason,
    Boasting allowed:) 9's are amazing!

See guys do not want to be beat by a female. :p
    So if you have the HP line up against me.
    I'm sure you'll get that 9.xx Time slip:D

I've heard there are many cars built just like mine.

Soon the numbers for cars into the 9's should be doubling!
    We now know of 8 cars in to the 9's

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  11. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    007, please accept my apologies. I assumed incorrectly that your car had saw the sub ten second territory. You did not make any statement to that effect and there was a great deal of modesty from you and Jason but I just assumed (incorrectly) that your car has made one of those passes. I expect to see it there very soon!;)

I should also say that Jason and Leon both told me that they had meet some of the members from this forum and liked them. TC and Linda were both mentioned by name as being " both very nice folks".

These are the type of comments that I like to hear. All of the arguing that I sometimes see and hear make me walk away or stop being part of the conversation. Good job to ALL of you in the 9.99 and quicker category!!!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good "plug" Linda. I did see the HHP decals on Jason's car and asked about them. He and Leon both had some very positive comments to make about HHP. It's good to know that there are some "tried and trued" tuners out in the world to help us with these cars. It wasn't that long ago when finding a competent tuner for a late mode "HEMI" was out of the question.

13. Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat
    Record Holder

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Going to Challengerfest/MSHS our HHP Pit was crazy busy.
    We had many nice people, stopping by to say Hello and introducing themselves from the forum, taking pictures and also to meet and speak with Josh.
    Due to our prior weather back East of rain, no T&T for Josh to dial in some of his customer's cars. Also there were 3 Hell Cat cars for more testing of NOS. This is how the "tried and true" tuner works.
    My husbands car is an on going work in process, which left me kinda without my Pit crew.I personally had a lot of concern going on in my mind just with the cold weather. My tires were not hooking up and spinning out even down the track a ways. ( Remember I broke a half shaft in the below 50 degree weather) My mind was concentrating on contol of the my car.
    As a family racing together of 3, there is alot for my husband to keep up with. Especially while involved with the R+D work on his car.
    Courtesy of my husband I will have my very own "PIT KIT" .
    Jeremy who was there running his HHP built jeep got my tire pressure under control for me. Which I could finally get some 9 second passes in.
    When I lost to Jason, ( I don't look who I'm up against.) I just got back to the Pits quickly to see my daughter racing. She was a semi Finalist in 3 races. ( Another racer from the MSHS series told Kate, our daughter that he was sorry he took me out. LOL he would be disappointed if I told him I didn't know.)

Jason's car is built like mine and he ran it well.:cool:
    He and his dad Leon were very nice guys to meet and I always think it's Cool when a family races together. I actually didn't know when I met Leon that he was 007 on the forums. :oops:
    Please don't be insulted or take it personal if I don't remember your name. Cole he knows everybody by their screen name and real name. I rely on him for his elephant memory to help me out on who is who.:D

007, just like TC and I do Post up those Fantastic videos and ET Slips
    Jason desrves a thread of Congrats for running his HHP Built/Tuned car into the 9's !!!:D:cool:

• Like Like x 5
  14. Viper

Viper SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    WOW That is something!

• Like Like x 1
  15. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Jason ran good in kentucky, him and his father are real cool, I am still chasing it at 10.05 but I got the message from the event and did some tweaks (I am never, ever relying on a bottle again, did I say never, ever, ). I hope his father gets that triple disc installed by now, he lost his clutch in 2nd gear on the first pass and still run 12 seconds. When I say lost his clutch, that really does not describe it, not at all. Yes, I hope both of them go to Virginia on May 20.

• Like Like x 1