Sublime M6 available

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Mr Bigblock, May 24, 2015.

1. Mr Bigblock

Mr Bigblock Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So for 2 hours yesterday i thought i was getting a Hellcat for the Summer. My dealers calls me and tells me he has the same car as i ordered available. it has only 55 kilometers on it. I asked him how he came across the cars he tells me this guy bought it brought it home and his wife went out of her f...ing mind. Told him its either her r the car so he chose to take the car back (personally i think he made the wrong move but whatever). So anyways he said with taxes i the car is 82gs thats 1000 less then the Hellcat i ordered.I said i will take it. So for two hours i am on cloud 9. Then he calls me back says the price with taxes in is now 92gs coz buddy registered it paid taxes already, i Said thats too bad bad for him im not paying for his mistake. Bottom line is they wont budge on the price. Im thinking this story could be BS but regardless would u guys pay that much to have it now. Remember i ordered my Sublime on April 2 i may never see it. If i do buy this one im not given my ordered one up as my price is guaranteed even if it goes to a 16. and they have already gone up 5 gs from when i ordered mine and by the time the 16s come out im sure the price will be even higher.I have till Tomorrow morn to make my decision. But if anyone on here is interested and i chose not to take pm me and i will give u the salesmen's info. Maybe i just got the Hellcat Fever and cant think Straight.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Mr Bigblock

Mr Bigblock Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow nobody gonna help me here

3. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Stories prob bs. if it's truly a "fire sale" he will deal. If not, he's just turn n it.
    Make him an offer you can live with.
    -he's pulled one hell of an urgency step on you if you really think there's a clock ticking. Jus my thoughts. (Ok, maybe a little a Jacks too)

4. HC Steve

HC Steve Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That let down from cloud 9 must really have sucked. I believe sticking to your guns was the right path.

5. 4510

4510 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Are you buying from the individual or the dealer?

Do you HAVE to HAVE the sublime? (If your order slips to 16.. no sublime?)

In the lower 48 if you buy from a private party there is no sales tax.

So... the way I see it is...

IF your car came in tomorrow.... you'd have to pay taxes etc. as the first buyer. What would the total be?
    How does that compare to what they are asking for this "used" one?

If it is very nearly the same... then you are down to...

A sublime in the hand is worth ? in the VON hell?

Tough decision.

6. Mr Bigblock

Mr Bigblock Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well every time a vehicle changes hands in Ontario you gave to pay the sales tax 13%

7. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is your money! How bad do you think you need the car in that color, I would try and maybe try to get it cheaper.

8. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That blows

9. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Man, that's a tough one... I think it all comes down to your personal financial situation. If you can afford it AND you need to have a sublime... then I'd pull the trigger and don't look back.

The fact that sublime is a one year color makes it even more desirable for me.

I'm surprised that the Hellcats are going for $80k to $90k+ in Canada. Did your dealer raise prices for 2016, or is this coming from FCA???

10. MizzouRT

MizzouRT VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Not surprising forum members are expressing zero interest in this car. The seller offers it at $82K, you agree and suddenly the price goes up by $10K---that is a red flag that will send most smart buyers fleeing in the opposite direction. Many prospective buyers are still looking to score that MSRP buy. For those willing to pay $10K over sticker, no need to "chase" deals for a used car (in Canada) where the seller appears unreliable.

The only way this deal makes sense is if you absolutely MUST have sublime and you can afford the extra $10K.

11. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This statement is incorrect. Totally depends on the state where you reside. Where I live, private party sale you pay on BOOK value at the time of purchase as determined by the state (they don't even look at private party receipts anymore as everybody lies LOL).

12. 4510

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well then I stand corrected....

In the state in which I reside, I don't take it up the ass like SRT HC 707 when buying a used vehicle. : )

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I never said I liked it! ;) Just the facts.... Definitely depends on where you live. Heck if I buy a car used from ANOTHER state (not just in state)... When I go to register it I have to pay sales tax on BOOK value too (private party sale). Dealer sale (in or out of state -- they use the sales receipt to calculate the sales tax). Don't pay the tax and they will not register the car...

14. 4510

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well in Arizona, private party sale has no tax. If I buy a car out of the state, depending on the state, I pay no tax at purchase and have to pay when I return to the DMV here in Arizona. The DMV only collects the state sales tax. The county or municipality tax is collected through other means. Since my county has no mechanism to collect their sales tax and I don't live within the boundaries of any municipality I avoid over 2% worth of taxes. Finally, any trade in value applied to a purchase is not taxed.

15. MikeD1

MikeD1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not true in FL and I'd bet other states as well. Here every time the title changes hands, the state gets it's 6% even if it's the next day. Only exception is a dealer buying it for resale.