Successful method to find 2016 Hellcat at MSRP in WNY with leads

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Hellboy, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Hellboy

Hellboy Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just got my 2016 Hellcat Challenger ordered in Plum Crazy Purple on 9/10/2015.
    I am going to pass on my method and current leads. After my order was placed I had two other dealers call and say they have allocations that they will sell at MSRP.

I started my search on 9/2
    First thing I did was make myself a basic form letter below.

Ready to place an order for Hellcat Challenger

Looking for dealer with allocation for following.

2016 Challenger Hellcat:

6 speed standard transmission

Sunroof

Plum Crazy Purple (available for order 9/10/2015)

If you have an allocation and can place my order at MSRP or less. please contact me with your out the door price. Will put down $5,000 deposit.

Mark McCollum

phone xxxxxx

address xxxxxxxxxxx

Next I went to dodge.com and looked at dealers within a 100 mile radius. It then gave me links to their websites which are all in the same format. Go to dealer website, hit contact us, fill in information, all cut and paste easy. I used chrome browser and after the first time it filled in all the info automatically when I clicked on the box, I just had to paste in my comment. After I submitted my request, I clicked on the "about us" tab for the dealer and pasted the info into an excel spreadsheet for my record. I contacted 30 dealers within 60 minutes. When I would get contacted I would add the contact name and note on my spreadsheet. Here is my current research below.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Hellboy

Hellboy Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would say from the dealerships I talked to. 1/3 don't have a clue, 1/3 gave me unsubstantiated lies, and 1/3 were good and knowledgeable. Thanks to information posted by ResumeSpeed I knew more than most of them and could spot who was being honest. The dealer I picked I liked the demeanor of their staff. They were honest with me and didn't make up stuff if they didn't know. They showed me they had one allocation for a challenger from a dealerconnect printout. But they did not know if it would be standard or automatic. They only wanted $500 to put me first in line for it at MSRP and wrote that it was fully refundable if they couldn't get exactly what I wanted. Lots of dealers said they had allocations but would give not proof and wanted $5000 to be put on their paper list. If you do a little research you should be able to find what you want.
    Good Luck all

On my list currently
    Transitowne Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram Williamsville
    and
    Canandaigua Chrysler Dodge Jeep
    say they have open untaken allocations.

3. rubbel

rubbel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Nice. Proof if you are willing to make the effort you can find a car. They are out there. I also used the dodge.com to find dealers to contact when I was looking to purchase a Hellcat. Many could be immediately eliminated yet a few were sincere. After three months I received a call from one of the dealerships I had talked with and had my car the next day. At MSRP

4. WNY Cat

WNY Cat SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mark,

It's good to see another WNY'er on this site. I started my search on June 18, 2014. My first contact was Max at Transitowne Dodge but he already had a waiting list with 7 people ahead of me. I called Northtown Dodge the next morning and they had no waiting list! I ran over to talk with them about the car and they said that they have never sold a car above MSRP and they weren't going to change that policy with the Hellcat. I put down $500.00 on June 19, 2014, they ordered the car on September 9, 2014 and I took delivery on November 20, 2014. I got build #589. I consider myself lucky after following all of the purchasing nightmare stories on this site. So far I have 1900 miles on the car and the tires are almost worn out.:rolleyes:

Even though I bought the car from Northtown, I still stop by Transitowne once in a while to talk with Max about his Hellcat sales.

Best regards,
    John