Summers Last Blast (classic/hot rod cruise) - Vernon, Texas

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Dubya, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know this is zero notice but is anyone else planning on heading to Vernon this weekend? For you Texans and Okies that haven't been, it's an all weekend event. Friday night is the free for all cruise night, any kind of car can participate. Saturday I believe there is a carshow, burn out contest, and classic car cruise. I heard last year had several thousand classics participate. It's not a small event. They lock down the entire strip and only cars manufactured before 1979 can cruise. Street legal is not an issue and I've actually cruised down the strip next to pro-mod drag cars.

I called to see if they would let a Hellcat cruise on Saturday and was shot down pretty quick, so I intend on going tomorrow night (Friday). To give you an idea about the size of the event, the cruise is a couple of miles long. During the classic cruise Saturday its impossible to find a parking spot facing the road due to all the spectators. It's the biggest cruise event I know of within 500 miles of DFW. I've posted the link below for those that want more info. Vernon is 1 hour west of Wichita Falls and is roughly a 3 hour drive from DFW.

Love to see some of you guys out there Friday, short notice I know...

Summer s Last Blast

2. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How was it, and did you take any pics?