Sunroofs

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by sldgy, Dec 20, 2014.

1. sldgy

sldgy Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why are Hellcat folks infatuated with sunroofs? I have always thought they detract from the overall appearence of a vehicle.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. redkey

redkey Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't think it's to the point of infatuation. tell ya what. i'll start a poll and let's see. a lot of folks were so-so on the fixed-in-place glass roof on the '13-`14 GT500 but many a guy after 9 months or thereabouts really wished they'd have ordered one. they only added 29 pounds and I think structurally the difference was negligible. it really opens up the car on the Z51 Vette I had before my Z06, once I put on the transparent roof, the only time I put the painted back on was when I went on a trip and left it parked at the airport.

overall, it's just nice to have choices. it surprises me how few there are on the Hellcat because the overwhelming majority of Shelby were either loaded or close to loaded. extremely few single-option or no-option cars.

3. ncarter124

ncarter124 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's hard to describe, but I LOVE a sunroof, it's just the open air experience. That being said I have a 2014 Wrangler for that, so I might just skip the sunroof on the Hellcat. It's just an option some people enjoy is all. I'm not infatuated with it, but I will get a sunroof/targa top whenever possible. That's just me though, I can totally understand somebody not caring about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i like the open air experience....ive owned many cars with sunroofs and many are noisy or too windy...my challenger sun roof is just right....i want one in my HC.....its the only option ill probably get.

i think it makes the car look more sporty too....the HC is so plain w/o the stripes...it needs something going on on the roof

if you dont like sunroofs what do you think about convertibles?

id like T Tops.....2016 option Dodge?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Texas Joe

Texas Joe Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I originally wanted a sunroof for the hot nights here in Texas and so I could hear this monster more with the top back and windows down. I was ok on day 1 of ordering that it wasn't available. Since Dodge has not given my so called "allocation" or my VIN yes, as time ticks on I wonder, if and when I finally do have my order fulfilled, can I simply add that one option to my order without jacking the whole process up and going back to the end of the bread line? No one has been able to answer this

6. sldgy

sldgy Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I love convertables, they look like they were built that way. Unlike the sunroof that looks like some toothless guy hacked a hole in his roof with a sawzall.

7. Texas Joe

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    While I would disagree with you hilarious analogy, I agree it would have been nice if they made a convertible Challenger at any performance level. Factory sunroof is the only way I would ever go otherwise it would agree with your analogy lol

8. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have herd through the thread that until it hits a build status you can make changes without bumping. Your dealer should be able to make a call and tell you.;)

9. Texas Joe

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Tammie, you seem to know A LOT about this stuff. Would you mind checking my thread Pledge to Dodge if you have not already done so and let me know your thoughts? A PM is fine if you don't want to reply.

10. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just absorb everything I read about the Hellcat. ResumeSpeed is the expert. I will peek at your thread and see if I can help.;)

11. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    RS mentioned June is the new date for Sunroofs.

12. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL!

I love driving the Prowler on those nice summer evening when the temps are around 80.

13. Lighty

Lighty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I was lead to believe there are not going to be any sunroofs in the first build...I hope that info is wrong and also that we can add it in if it does come available. Since my build is out to May or June now.

14. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have a sunroof in my work truck and in the wife's Lexus and 95% of the time thay are closed all the way. People who haven't had one don't realize how hot the sun can get .
    But they are nice the other five percent of the time.

15. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have owned 2 other Challengers, a 2009 SRT8, and a 2013 392. They both had a sunroof, and I hardly ever used them. I am really fair skinned, therefore have sensitive eyes, and I did not like the sun shining directly into my eyes. Sunglasses did not help. Plus, I live in south Georgia, and it gets REALLy hot down here, so it is not fun sweating all over the car. For my Hellcat I decided to bypass the sunroof, and I LOVE IT! I, personally, like the look of the car a lot better without the sunroof, and I adore the 3 inches of extra headroom! I am a tall girl, and with the seat in the lowest position my hair was always touching the roof of the car in my previous Challengers, not so in the Hellcat!

• Like Like x 1