Surprised by lack of interior cabin/dome/reading lights in the rear of the 2016 Charger

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by srtjay, Jul 1, 2016.

1. srtjay

srtjay Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Unless I missed something (it was dark out so that's possible) there are no cabin lights for the rear seats that would come on when the doors are opened. For a full-sized car, that's a first in my experience.

Even compact cars like the Civic offer a dome light for the rear and usually have a little switch on it that selects it between Off/On/Only-On-When-Door-Opened settings.

I won't expect anyone to get reading done in the rear cabin of a Hellcat so I won't list that as a use case. But this light is also useful for things like passenger ingress/egress, fighting with a baby seat or with a baby, maneuvering items and packages like jenga blocks to stack them so they won't fall over while driving home from the store, or trying to find something that dropped on the floor or was left on the seats after you dusted that Mustang at the stoplight on the way home.

Am I overlooking lights and a switch somewhere?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I guess that if you really wanted rear cabin lights, you should have bought the Civic. The good news is that you have a Charger Hellcat which is something that millions would give their right testicle for! Download the flashlight app for you smart phone and be happy with the Charger hellcat. Just my opinion. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Changed my lights over to LEDS to include the ones over the rear doors. plenty of light and run cooler too!

Ebay LED kit

• Like Like x 1
  4. GiveEmHell

GiveEmHell Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I don't think Dodge put much thought into quite a lot things in the back seats of the Charger. I love my car, but I bought it cause I wanted a full sized 4 door car to take people with me. I do freakin love the car though, so I forgive...

• Agree Agree x 1