suspension HC question

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Racing Forum' started by clickr, Jun 12, 2016.

1. clickr

clickr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    it's kind of hard to find much out about the sport suspension used on the HC but it seems like it's made by Bilstein (SP?) . On my BMW K1600 motorcycle that uses front/rear shocks (rather than shock tubes), they are electronically controlled to provide Comfort, Normal, Sport rebound difference, people who don't fit into the weight criteria of the design limit have been switching out the shock fluid for either lighter weight or heavier fluid to get the ride characteristics they want. Some after market people can even change out the valving to provide even more individual control.

Does anyone know if the fluid/valving in the shocks on the HC can be changed out for more of a personalized setup rather than one size fits all?

Cheers.

2. dragrcr

dragrcr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't think so........... I doubt they are rebuild-able DSCN1213.JPG DSCN1852.JPG DSCN1862.JPG .

• Like Like x 1
  3. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  4. clickr

clickr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the up close look. I have the guys email in Fla that converts stock K1600 shocks and rebuilds them to your specs (Wilbers), he is into cars too, maybe he will know. If I find out anything I will post his reply.

Cheers.

5. Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I roadraced motorcycles for years. The big difference is that the bike weighs about 450 lbs. You will feel small suspension changes just by changing the fluid type. I highly doubt u will feel any noticible difference whatsoever with fluid or even valving alone in a 4000+ lb car.
    My money says the entire setup would need to be changed out.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. clickr

clickr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Bilstein has a MDS shock system (Modular Dampening System i believe) that are being put in road race cars. This system has the ability to change valving, fluids, ride height, etc. If you are really looking to make a track car, check their web site, they may not make a direct replacement for the HC but hey their are plenty of custom shops that would probably jump at the opportunity to fabricate up a set for the HC.