sway bar end links install question

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Maintenance' started by Ohiotj, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i am putting on bwoody's with end links today. I don't have a lift and just the basic jack stands and jack. Is it easier/ possible to disconnect and install the new links while on the floor or while in the air? I know in my jeeping days to reconnect the front sway bar and links the jeep had to be on the ground and pretty dang flat. My guess is try to do it while on the ground. Let me know what you guys know. Thanks.

2. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

Should be a simple deal. Remove stock one pull down sway bar, reinstall new one. I have a 4 post lift so I did it with the weight on the tires.

3. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I got a little done today. First the sway bar does clear now. Bwoody makes the correct sway bar end links to correct my problem. I can fit the weld rims with 6.7 BS and 30 mm offset in a 17" rim. It's tight to fit while on jack stand and no weight on the suspension. But it does clear. I did have to reem out the sleeve in the bushing but it's now done. Missed by about 1/64 of an inch from bwoody. Two of the sleeves worked and two did not. They shipped four out to me but I wanted to get it on to see if I cleared. Now I need a nice day to race!

4. Trucker Bob

Trucker Bob Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Put your jack stands under the front A-arms that will load the front suspension. Some times it's good to wait until you hear from others. By your post it seems like you didn't wait since you had to reem things out. I'm saying and I'm not one of them by Far,But a lot of great minds on this Sight.