SRT Hellcat Forum banner

T&T @ Cecil 5/9

5K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  bigdogbr 
#1 ·
We took the Charger to Cecil County Dragway yesterday to try some new things, one of them being air pressure in the MT streets, so far we have only run them @ 17psi and have had very good results ( 1.60 60's ) and average between 1.60 to 1.65 depending on the track prep, so I started at 20 psi and Linda's first run she had a 1.61 with a bit of slip on launch as the cars rear slid slightly to the right on launch and she netted a 1.87@126mph
We let the car sit for about an hour and made another pass at the same pressure and the car did the same thing but lost a bit running a 1.62 60' and a 10.90 @126 mph, third pass was just for fun running a friends 11.0 jeep, I did drop the psi to 18 and the car had a 1.62 60 and ran a 10.97 @126, it was starting to get hot and the DA was jumping way up so we called it a day, I can't say for certainty that going higher helped or hurt the 60' but it was the last time running the 20" MT as Linda's new 18" wheels are in and we will be testing the Nitto NT05R's and then switching to the MT Street R's when they finally ship in June.

BTW, it was nice meeting Bill who was running his HC Charger for the first time.
TC

Reactions: PlumTexasCrazy
#2 ·
Top cat, are you running a charger or challenger,, and what are the mods to the car... Is it just tires??? 10.9 with just tires are pretty impressive...I don't want to tell you the two very sad story's I have about the two times I played with my car :(

#5 ·
Car is stock, running a Al drive shaft and MT drag radials on 20" SRT wheels, anyone want to guess at the cars weight with Linda in it, I was shocked......
TC

#8 ·
LOL, your right, so car without her in it..... a friend helped me, used his shop, took about 30 min because he has all the right tools and has done a few of these in the past....;)

TC

#9 ·
Should be this week , Tom returned the car to Tim Friday.
TC

#12 ·
Yes, we are doing a few things to the car and if they all work out we should be in the 9's, going to need a cage,LOL
TC

#15 ·
Great times I took the HC out for the first time and only got a 11.3 a few guys that race there all the time said it was a great number for a HC I wanted a 10.99 run I would have been happy with that. If I would have got a 1.60 60 I may have got it. Oh well first time in the cat now try to get better times.

#18 ·
BH, we run the Nitto NT05R's on one of the other cars we race and have gotten that car to put down 1.58 60's so I know they will work, the major difference if using Nitto's is that they need a real good burn out, like making the car disappear in a cloud,LOL It take practice to learn the car and what it likes and will take, I think Linda has it down pretty good .
TC

#22 ·
BH, we run the Nitto NT05R's on one of the other cars we race and have gotten that car to put down 1.58 60's so I know they will work, the major difference if using Nitto's is that they need a real good burn out, like making the car disappear in a cloud,LOL It take practice to learn the car and what it likes and will take, I think Linda has it down pretty good .
TC
Ok it's just me then I just suck a little right now :D
Here are the first 2 runs I ever put down on a drag race track and in the Hellcat and racing a Tesla I just could not get the the 1.6 60 o_O
Text Receipt Paper

#19 ·
We took the Charger to Cecil County Dragway yesterday to try some new things, one of them being air pressure in the MT streets, so far we have only run them @ 17psi and have had very good results ( 1.60 60's ) and average between 1.60 to 1.65 depending on the track prep, so I started at 20 psi and Linda's first run she had a 1.61 with a bit of slip on launch as the cars rear slid slightly to the right on launch and she netted a 1.87@126mph
We let the car sit for about an hour and made another pass at the same pressure and the car did the same thing but lost a bit running a 1.62 60' and a 10.90 @126 mph, third pass was just for fun running a friends 11.0 jeep, I did drop the psi to 18 and the car had a 1.62 60 and ran a 10.97 @126, it was starting to get hot and the DA was jumping way up so we called it a day, I can't say for certainty that going higher helped or hurt the 60' but it was the last time running the 20" MT as Linda's new 18" wheels are in and we will be testing the Nitto NT05R's and then switching to the MT Street R's when they finally ship in June.

BTW, it was nice meeting Bob who was running his HC Charger for the first time.
TC
This is bob, I was there with you at Cecil county, but the best I did was 12.03 on the street tires. I did this with launch control. they spun a lot. 2.2 /60. I tried coming off the line with out t/c but everytime i'd punch it, i'd spin the tires.
it was great meeting you both :)

#20 ·
This is Kate, my youngest daughter racing the FF car using Nitto's

#21 ·
Bob, it was nice meet you also, add the DR's and learn the car, let me know if your going to Cecil and I will see if we are open, Cecil is a great place to T&T.
TC

#24 ·
Yep, she runs a D1 on a stock 6.1 @ 7-8 psi, ran a personal best two weeks ago 10.88 @127
TC

#28 ·
We have her at 17psi and adjust every pass so it stays the same.

#29 ·
hi again
so 17 is good for the drag radials.. do you know or can anyone help on psi for the street tires that come standard on the hellcat. I had trouble getting my to bite at all. I ran 12.03 which isn't bad, but could do so much better with just a little traction.

#30 · (Edited)
bd, the 17 will fit but you need to look at the tire profiles available, IMO the 18" has a better range and is why I chose that for Linda's Charger.
TC

BTW, you may need to change the sway bar end links in the rear to clear the wheels, shorter ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.