SRT Hellcat Forum banner

***Take care, Everyone!***

10K views 129 replies 98 participants last post by  MABBRYFL30 
#1 ·
Hello All,

A brief update ... my Mother will be going to UAB in Birmingham, AL for cancer treatments and will be staying there for several weeks (at least 12). My parents live in FL, so the temporary housing and food situation for 12 weeks (possibly more) will become very expensive for them, and they are both retired, so their income is limited. My Father was going to go back to work, but he needs to be with my Mother ... so I have decided to sell my beloved Plum Crazy Hellcat, Jimi. I was going to pay Jimi off in June, but instead I have decided to trade Jimi in on a more practical vehicle (2017 Ford Escape) to both get out from under the monthly payment/insurance, and to give the funds that I had allocated to pay Jimi off to my parents. I had Jimi well over half paid off the day that we drove him off the lot last April, so I will have no car payment anymore at all. I am really upset and do not want to make this move, but I do feel it is the right decision. Sometimes it SUCKS being a grown up and do the right thing. I am heartbroken over selling my dream car, and at the same time happy, thankful, and blessed to be in a position to help my parents in this way ... not everyone has this option.

For any of you that are looking for a flawless Plum Crazy Challenger HC (all options listed below in my signature), be on the lookout for Jimi. As of tomorrow when I turn him over and take possession of the Escape, Jimi will have less than 2100 miles. Jimi is being sold to a dealer in the Atlanta, Ga area, and of any information beyond that I am not sure. For those of you interested, the VIN is: 2C3CDZC92GH200548.

I will be checking in here on the forum off and on over the next few days, to say more goodbyes, but after that I am not certain if I will be continuing here on the forum. I don't know how well I will be able to hang without having a HC of my own. Then again, who knows ... we never know what life has waiting for us right around the corner, so perhaps I will get another HC in the future. :D

So, all of you that are able, please take a ride in your Hellcats and listen to that sweet supercharger whine, and feel the G's as you press down on that gas pedal! Take care, God Bless, and .. .Drive safely, and enjoy! :)

April

See less See more
#3 ·
Prayers for your mother, priorities...you have them in order!

God Bless!

#9 ·
You don't need a Hellcat to stick around (look at ME).

They'll be building them for years to come, I'm sure if you want you will be able to snap up another one later (2020MY?)

Good luck with everything!

#10 ·
Good luck April with everything you have on your plate, the best of the best well wishes go out to you and your family. And "GRTZ" :D on keeping yourself in the position to be there and make things just a bit easier for your family. Cars come and go and can be replaced. Family not so much. Have no regrets and don't be a stranger.
Many people can learn from your post, your parents have done well with you, best of luck :)

Reactions: moparjim
#11 ·
April, my favorite prayer (Prayer of St. Francis) contains the line, "for it is in giving that we receive..". You will be rewarded. We will add you and your Parents to our Prayers now.

I hope you find a way to stay with us on the Forum. You are often the control we all need, you are always there to congratulate and welcome. What a remarkable rare sacrifice!

#12 ·
I have always appreciated your insightful posts and humor. To hear that one of your own is sick and needs your help is sad enough but, to do what you're about to do is simply amazing. I'm not usually at a loss for words but, at this point, I can't seem to be able to write down how I feel about the whole thing. The best I could come up with, based on a tired cliche, is that you're a better 'man' than I am.

From all of the Red_Kittycat family, our best wishes for a speedy recovery and don't forget to take good care of yourself.

While the car thing is sad, it's only a car. Family is number one and having a loved one down, difficult decisions need to be made. I'm sure next time we hear from you, you'll be telling us about the new Demon that you picked up.

And, don't leave the forum, you have access to one of the best support groups that might help you out during the bad times.

My heart goes out to you and your family :(

#16 · (Edited)
April, you are one awesome person and I'll bet your parents are awesome too. Our lives aren't defined by what we own, drive or wear. Our lives are defined by what we give back to others, especially those close to us. You are doing the absolute right thing and that will bring way more lasting joy to your life than owning the HC. Daughters like you are a gift from God. Stay positive and keep doing what you are doing. Best to your Mother and Father.

#17 ·
Blessed are the children (no matter how old they are)...

April,

Sorry to hear that you have such a difficult situation to work thru. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Wishing you all the best and hope it all works out.

We all appreciate your contributions and support to HELLCAT.org and will miss you!

It's not goodbye...just a slight delay until we see you again! Take care and God bless!!!

#19 ·
April - Prayers to you and your entire family. I lost my Mother to cancer while at war in 1991. I have not gotten over that lost to date. Last year I lost my younger brother to the same devil. I know they both are in a much better place.

Please know God and his Angels are watching you and they are making a place for you there. Your love for your family is a dying emotion in our country today.

God Bless you and keep you always.

#24 ·
April - have you considered creating a GoFundMe account?

GoFundMe: #1 for Crowdfunding & Fundraising Websites

In short.. It's crowd based fund raising. Given the unselfish act of taking care of your parent's in their time of need, I am certain many of us would donate to the cause. I'm not sure if it'd be enough for you to keep Jimi but perhaps it would be?

I'd donate for sure if set up. I have been down a very similar road as I am sure many of us have. Cancer is a mofo, no question. If you do decide to set something up, I think the Hellcat.org family would step up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.