Taking Orders for 16's at MSRP

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by 71hcc, Apr 17, 2015.

1. 71hcc

71hcc Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer called and told me ordering is going to open for 2016 Hellcat's in a few day's and he is now taking names to pre order if anyone is interested. This is for MSRP, and is from an excellent dealership and salesman. They were and still are great to me.
    Contact Info.
    Darren
    drichards@opjeep.com
    913-381-8100
    Overland Park Jeep Dodge
    OP, KS
    Tell him Jim sent you, Darren's good guy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tannehill

Tannehill Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This is horse shit and highway robbery. Pete, the SM at Lake Wales, FL is also taking orders now for 2016 and requiring a $5000 deposit. This is an extremely unethical and shady business practice!!!! You want to make a list of names for people to call? Fine. But in no way, shape, or form, even if they offer, should a business be taking $5000 from people when it is 4 months away from even being able to ENTER an order into a system. Especially after seeing the shit show this 2015 has been.

I'll say it again folks: MY 2016 is going to be the same circus (even if FCA limits orders, because then markups will still fly!) and you better PYB for the increase in MSRP!

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am going to call and find out if they are taking deposits to be on a wait list, or will actually be able to order before August, as we have been told.

April

4. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Okay, here is the skinny:

Darren was busy, so I spoke with Joe. The dealership is not going to be able to place orders in a few days. What Joe told me is that the owner of the dealership is going to decide by next week when they will start repeating their strategy from last year, and that is to take a 5k deposit to get on their "early bird" list. Joe is supposed to call me when they are starting to take the deposits. I had the same first thoughts as TannehillI, and I had a few minutes to kill, so thought I would call and hopefully cut down on any confusion.

71hcc obviously has had a great experience with this dealership, so I do not think that this dealership is trying to be sneaky/shady, so to speak. I dunno if I would feel comfortable jumping onto a wait list this far ahead of time, personally. Lots of our fellow forum members did that and are STILL waiting in VONhell. So, there ya go. Each of you will make the decision that is best for you, and if you decide to go for this, I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully 2016 will go a LOT smoother than 2015 has!

April

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. RDLSRT

RDLSRT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anyone placing your order for a 2016 Hellcat and willing to put down more than $500, and pay more than MSRP, Good Luck to you my friend!!

They can't even fill the 2015 orders! Can it become more of a joke than it already is?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. GSRT8

GSRT8 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i just decided to forget about this car!! I will spend a little more and get another Viper. Easy and higher quality too.

7. badash

badash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How can you take a order for something you don't have a price for or know the colors available ????

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Tannehill

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    A dealership accepting ANY funds, be it $5 or $5000, prior to a point in time in which they can physically enter the vehicle order into Dealer Connect, is unethical and shady. Just WTF is the $5000 for then?? It's not holding a real order. It's not holding a real car. It's basically $5000 to hold your name on a list. I am all for capitalism, but this is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. RDLSRT

RDLSRT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I didn't realize they cant even up it in the system....LOL. Man, you can't make this stuff up.

10. noboost4you

noboost4you <Insert witty title here>

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You never pre-ordered a video game as a kid? ;)
    $500 refundable deposit is the most I'd ever give to be on this car's waiting list.

11. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    hind sight is 20/20, ill never put money down or "order" another car.. I came out lucky this time and I learned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tannehill

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    uhhh, no, and I still play video games, albeit no where near as much with 2 kids now!! I never understood the concept, it's not like you can't walk into WalMart/Best Buy/Gamestop on release day and buy it. I've never seen a video game sold out LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. 71hcc

71hcc Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I misspoke when I said a few days and should have said a few weeks instead. The one bid difference with this dealer is that they won't keep taking orders that they know they can never fill. Last year they quit taking orders after about 7 or 8 and that was knowing some of them would probably drop out, as did happen. I ordered from them in Aug with a fully refundable deposit until the VON went D1. I got a VIN in late Nov and car was built in Dec, got it Jan 31st. All I know is they were honest and straight forward with me on my car and have no regrets for Dealing with them, they got me the car I ordered. I was just trying to help anyone out that was looking to order a 16

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  14. jmlibby

jmlibby Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    My hellcat from Overland through Darren at MSRP is scheduled for build May 4th. The most honest and up front dealer I've ever worked with. I also put my order in before the banks closed early March. If I wanted a 16' I'd get my money in. What's the difference between ordering Sept 9th with a deposit in and no car? Everyone wants the car so play the game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. noboost4you

noboost4you <Insert witty title here>

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Typo...I meant the gaming system; i.e. Wii, PS3, Xbox, etc. I remember the days of people waiting in lines for those systems because they failed to take advantage of the pre-order weeks/months before. :)