Tales from the Forum Blacklist: How I was mistakenly banned

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by HelloCat, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelloCat

HelloCat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've been a long time lurker of hellcat.org and finally a couple of weeks ago I bit the bullet and signed up! However I was on the site approximately 3 days when suddenly I logged in and my account said I had been banned for spam. There was obviously a mistake made as I am not a spammer by any stretch! So I used the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page (only way I could find to contact anyone) and pleaded my case. The next day I tried again and I actually ended up in worse shape, instead of my username merely being banned, it now said my IP was banned! I still have no idea what has happened because no matter how many times I use the "Contact Us" link I just get crickets. So after trying several avenues I finally gave up and signed up at work (it's my home IP that is banned). Sure I could probably work around it but out of principle I'm frustrated that this has happened and want to clear my name as there is no way in hell I am or ever was a spammer!!!
    Are there any moderators or staff members here who can help me?!?!

I don't want to come off all negative sounding, please understand I'm only going to these lengths because I really like this community and want to be a part of it legitimately. I don't have my Hellcat yet but like the rest of you I'm tying like hell to get my hands on one at MSRP (price gouging sucks)!

2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Your request has been reported for admin and mod review.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mike Canadian

Mike Canadian Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Ok then...I am having a real hard time posting pic without my life showing up on the site. I have pics of car carriers with your cars on route and my own personal beautiful poses with my PUDDYCAT as she is known in my garage as I wait for this damn winter to end...psss took her out last night to get shaving cream (my wife came too) says it feels better because its heavy and asked me to not experiment with it with her in the car...here we go again! Just because we went past our road and 200k was not even a nudge on the pedal...I think mine is more special than all the rest.;)

4. HelloCat

HelloCat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow that was fast, thanks for acknowledging my post!! Do they need me submit my home IP or anything?

If it matters there are other forums (not car related) where I've been a member for years and my post count is in the thousands! Heck I even used to run my own forum back in the day (RIP azg35.com)! I know how much spammers suck and I hate being lumped in with the scourge of the internet!

5. HelloCat

HelloCat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    lol...wut?

6. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They will contact you if needed. But if you want it would not hurt to contact cereal killer and give him your home IP

7. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Um, okay. I don't get it. :D

April

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. cereal killer

cereal killer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Handled!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    thanks CK

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.