Taylor, Michigan

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Chief, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Chief

Chief Silver Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Be forwarned that this is a rant of how messed up Fiat is. Nightmare as I have named my PITA cat was shipped and sitting in Toledo (less than 45 miles from my house) Usually within a day or two I have it. A week later nothing. Dealer call rep, rep advised ship date is end of March.. WHAT? Nightmare then proceeds to go "gate out" which means its leaving Toledo. Well I'm thinking cool it will be delivered tonight. So I buzz the dealership a few times last night waiting. NOTHING! Just now I check and Nightmare has been transported to Taylor Michigan... WTF? I have read horror stories about damaged vehicles and being sent to Michigan for repairs.. I don't want it if its damaged. Bad thing is I have already got all my paperwork finished and signed. Fiat you had best get your head out of the dark place. Rant off for a few mins until it builds back up again!

2. ArtOfNoize

ArtOfNoize Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    FCA has no responsibility for a vehicle once it leaves the plant for transport. If it got damaged during that process, it is the carrier's fault. Have your dealer call the carrier and see what the damaged is, if that is what is going on. The process of a car getting repaired when that happens can be lengthy. It happened to me with a scratched front lower lip before they started using the protectors. My dealer agreed to replace that piece for me because of the long wait I had endured, so I authorized them to call the carrier and have it released. Beware though, if you release it the carrier is no longer responsible for said damage, you are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No way to start what will become a beautiful relationship. Chief, for whatever it is worth, I agree with ArtOfNoize concerning your "Nightmare". I wish the best to you and this entire event...please post up and let us know how things go...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Sometimes TMI will drive you crazy!

Good luck with finding out what is going on with your order. Keep us in the loop and let us know what you find out and how FCA and your local dealership addresses any issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. terryturner

terryturner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    U will get your car soon. I would not worry. My car sat in a yard 20 mins from my dealer for a week. Just be grateful that you're getting a cat and not sitting in von hell for a year like a lot of members on here.

6. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    congrats on your new hellcat, secondly call SRT and ask them if the vehicle has been damaged during transport. they have several contractors (carriers) that manage the shipment of the cars. I would call SRT directly and have your VIN handy. I would not settle for anything less than where the F is my car and what is going on!!!!

1-800-992-1997

7. Chief

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well None of the reps show that the car was damaged... yet. But why would they truck it back north when my dealership had 2 separate deliveries today? Something smells funny to me.:(

8. MABBRYFL30

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Something is going on with yards in Michigan and the go there. I will get you a answer, I promise. They ship to rails yards that don't make sense especially with your car so close. I need to get my SRT guy and get back to you

9. Chief

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A friend of mine that is also a member here transports cars. He was at Taylor today to pick some up and looked for mine. It was nowhere to be found. He asked about a purple hellcat with stripes that came up from Toledo and the guy replied "its probably inside". Awesome, sounds damaged to me. I have hope but its slowly going away.:(

10. MABBRYFL30

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Have you called SRT to see what is going on, they have to tell you, it is your car!! have you called the dealer? I would be besides myself and utterly pissed

11. MABBRYFL30

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Chief, Taylor Michigan is a holding yard that Chrysler uses. Pm me your vin and I will do some research for you. I can probably get some info for you

12. Chief

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    SRT actually knew less than I already know. Vin last 8 are GH200356. The reps are moving even farther up the chain to see what's going on. I should know something today.