Terrible experience with dodge factory reps so far

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by alex_jrs21, Oct 16, 2015.

1. alex_jrs21

alex_jrs21 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    so my mom bought the sub lime green hellcat that she so lovingly lets me drive time to time but its hers she loves the car the color and everything. She was planning on keeping it for years. She is not the best with computers so i help her out on the forums with posting and questions etc... so let me recap you on whats going on with the car

one day she was driving the car normally then all of a sudden the car said service throttle control the car lost power and stalled lucky she was on a small street and nothing happened she pulled over turn off and turn back on the car brought it home.

Took car to dealer for the first time they said it needed a simple reset ok car worked for 2 days problem came back

Took the car back to service for second time they said it needed a new throttle body took 2 weeks to come picked it up drove it normally then the problem came back while she was on the freeway the car lost power she almost got rear ended.

so took it back to the dealer for the 3rd time they send test reports up and down to dodge the guys that built the car for 2 weeks they really couldn't find the problem so they assumed the throttle body they installed was defected and figured lets try a new one again. Well got it out 4 days ago was driving it normal and the same exact problem came back while she was on the free way while in fast moving traffic the car start slowing down when she gave gas nothing happend then from her going so slow on the freeway some one almost rear ended her her she almost hit some one on the side of her the freeway had very narrow shoulders and she almost hit the side wall trying to pull over. She came back home to my dad in tears scared to death shaking from what have occured.

so we called the dealer told them what happened the service manager said well lets consider this car a lemon and have you meet with a factory Rep. We asked if we should file lemon law with the state because this falls into texas lemon law The Serious Safety Hazard Test he said no dodge should be able to work out something with you.

note: during all this time she is paying monthly payments to a car she can not even drive

so 2 weeks later we met with a factory Rep at helfman dodge explained what happened my mother and father explained how she now fears her life driving the car or any of are family members driving the car. he said he needs to speak with his supervisor and he will get back to us

few days later he called my mom and dad and said the only thing there willing to do is try to repair it. My parents explained to him that they tried that 3 times already and all times failed and put my mothers life at risk. his reply was sorry thats all where willing to do take us to court if you want. they told them a buy back would be ok but we would much rather have a new hellcat. They said they do not want to be there test dummies and again and get killed because they cant fix their own product. he replied with sorry take us to court then and hung up

so dodge would rather risk some ones life instead of doing whats right according to state laws. we told them to just give a new car we didn't bring in the state because we assumed they would do whats right. But we are going to file lemon law with the state and a lawyer and take em to court

what is your opinion on how they are treating my mother is it right that their willing to make her their test dummy and get her killed in the process?

2. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like a wiring harness or PCM problem

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. alex_jrs21

alex_jrs21 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We got a lot of suggestions from members from previous post about this issue the dealer said they checked out many parts including the wiring harness and PCM.

I mean we could give it to them to repair it again they could say they fixed it but what if they didn't what if something serious happened to my mother or family member while they drive it because of this issue ....is it really worth it ?

4. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    1) Call SRT help line 1-855-778-8326

2) Call 800-227-0757 Chrysler Relations

3) Take them to court. Don't waste time thinking about it. Your lawsuit will be for replacement of the car or refund of your money paid for the car.

Good luck

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Pursue the Lemon Law claim. You have made every effort to cooperate and this fits the lemon law perfectly. Don't let them intimidate you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like a good get rich quick scheme. Ill drive behind you with a dash cam on to show im not driving erratically rearend you....dodge is at fault for not fixing it. You have "whiplash" i have a "concussion" lets make it happen! On a serious note...id keep telling them about the lemon law. Honestly I'd tell them that your also going to contact the BBB. That seriously gets results. Follow thru with it. I had a car lot tell me the sales manager wasn't allowed to purchase one of my vehicles for the price he did and said they will be returning it to my driveway. Contacted the BBB the owner called me personally apologizing

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So, I've dealt with the Chrysler reps and the BBB over a Ram that had issues.

Chrysler blamed my issues on bad fuel but couldn't prove it. They also forced me to pay for a modification to the fuel tank to correct an engineering defect before they would warranty the work on my injectors. They removed my fuel tank, performed the modification and never flushed the tank or fuel system, but they want to blame contaminated fuel.....anyway they essentially told me tough luck, I'm paying for the repairs (even though the truck was still covered under the factory warranty).

Filed a complaint with the BBB about the dealership giving me the run around and making up stories to get out of covering my repairs. Dealer contested and said they were going to take care of the warranty work until Chrysler got involved. The dealer involved Chrysler because they didn't want to do the work, I didn't involve them. BBB dismissed my complaint without further comment.

8. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lemon Law usually has a minimum number of attempts for repair. After that is should be a rather clean claim. It happened to us with a Jag here in MN. They did not put up too much of a fight, I wrote them a letter stating the facts. We met for a ten minute meeting at the dealer and we had a new Jag.

9. Ray Hunsaker

Ray Hunsaker Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    so this is how I see it ,yes the car is at fault but the dealer is more at fault give them another chance or find another dealer- yes you have problems but not replacement problems... I feel that's why the reps are playing hard ball. good luck hope it gets fixed soon.

10. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I hope you get this resolved and I fully understand why your mum has no confidence in this car. I bought my car going against my own grain. Engineering you can deal with. But spurious electronics are an incurable nightmare. The modern day world which normally I would never entertain. But the Hellcat was just too engaging to ignore.

11. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would start working your way up the latter shooting off email, Put Tim.K on your list and the CEO, Get people involved ,, Do not settle for ( take us to court )

12. kenhebe

kenhebe Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Throttle sticks = life in danger
    Throttle doesn't work = annoying

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NorCaletch19He77Kat

NorCaletch19He77Kat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    " his reply was sorry thats all where willing to do take us to court if you want. they told them a buy back would be ok but we would much rather have a new hellcat. They said they do not want to be there test dummies and again and get killed because they cant fix their own product. he replied with sorry take us to court then and hung up"

I call BULL--I don't believe this story period.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jim M

Jim M SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Question... is she on the throttle and brakes at the same time? That'll do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Fastcat ny

Fastcat ny Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hmmmmm