TFLCar Hellcat VS MPG 1st episode.

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by ppowell1983, Jan 17, 2016.

?

Was the episode good?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. What the H*ll you ECO Commies!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ppowell1983

ppowell1983 BANNED Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey, I wanted to share with everyone the first episode of the TFLCar's Hellcat VS. show. This one is about the MPG of a hellcat Challenger. I have not watched it yet as I posted it first. I will post my review of it after seeing it.

• Like Like x 4
  2. ppowell1983

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    After watching this and watching every single video that has a Hellcat in it, there was one thing wrong in the video and thats the ECO mode doing anything for your at highway speeds with cruise set. Basically all that ECO does is retard throttle response and reduce HP, but none of that matters when you are driving at 75 on the highway.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FarAwayFromHere

FarAwayFromHere Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I Just like it because if I can't buy one,
    May as well watch someone else trash
    Theirs( well not really) but it was pretty
    Well produced,watchable for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bhasbrou

bhasbrou Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Powell! Interesting video. I guess they decided to skip the proper break in procedure. That's unless they did that between when they picked it up and when they did they MPG test. They didn't mention anything about it though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ppowell1983

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was thinking the same thing

6. go fast chuck

go fast chuck Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I own a 2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 all options delivered in November with approximately 600 miles of extreme fun on it now.
    I watched this twice just the other day and then went over some parts again to make sure about what was stated and done. So here are my 10 cents worth of remarks.
    This driver needs to reread the owners manual with some more attention to the details !!!
    1st the launch control does not work at 18 miles as they represented the car it needs at least 500 miles and then the computer unlocks it for use.
    2nd the driver should have also launched the car with the traction control on at least as a reference control. Granted that even though the brakes are used to control wheel spin the timing can be retarded and boost reduced it will still accelerate quicker using the computer and go straight down the road if its spinning your not winning...but at least his foot was getting better by the 3rd run.
    3rd running summer tires at temperatures below 45 degrees (notice all the snow in the Colorado background) damages the tires internal structure due to the compounds used in its construction. Perelli tire does not even recommend storing them below 45 degrees almost all tire manufactures agree with this and other recommendations for summer compound tires.
    100 miles at temperatures at or around freezing not to mention untold numbers of burn offs and unknown wheel speeds in the cold have rendered that set of tires unserviceable for use high speed or otherwise at this point.
    We have all probably had a blowout at some point in time and they are never good. Lets hope that in the 2nd installment of this program we do not have to watch a catastrophic tire failure tear up one of these fine Hellcats just because they would not spend the time or a small amount of money to change tires for a January test and review of the car.
    All in all it was a good review and very nice to see it get better than the governments mileage estimate it will probably never see that again. I know mine has never done better than 16 mpg. on the first tank when I attempted to break it in...

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah.....I cringed when he said what the ambient temp was. I figured he would either slide into a ditch or crash into something.....glad everything turned out well for him. I had the very uneasy pleasure of running "R" compound tires on a race track with air temp of 38 degrees. The seat of the pants accelerometer got a workout that day, sphincter tone was very high near concrete walls and barriers.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Who cares about MPG in a muscle car? Geezzzzz:mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ray Hunsaker

Ray Hunsaker Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    fun to watch..... but they need to do more home work or edit the stuff that's wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. torpedovegas21

torpedovegas21 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I do eco (which I understand doesn't do much at 75mpg but a man can dream) for about 120 miles cruising at 75 and I definitely get 22-23. Makes me jealous because when I take it off around the city i get like 8-10, but dammit if it doesn't feel good! :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ppowell1983

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here's the thing, if your MPG rating is above 20mpg your DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is me on TFLCar up at Bandimere Speedway, the DA was 7975 that day (remember 5800 ft above sea level) and it wasn't my best run, but of course that is the run they decided to put up lol. :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  13. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I enjoy my car, but I drive it calmly much of the time with occasional stabs of the throttle. Sometimes I use the paddles and really go at it. Occasional triple digit runs are also on the menu.

I'm getting just over 20 MPG, which is not bad at all.

Robert

14. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey......That was really cool to see....you running against a classic! I wouldn't sweat the time.....you didn't blow the tires off or get sideways. Nice little momento I'd say.

• Like Like x 1