The acceration rate of these cars

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Jerrt trapp, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Jerrt trapp

Jerrt trapp Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I stopped and filled up with gas yesterday and when I pulled back onto the 4 lane I gouged it just a little bit and then set the cruse,when I looked in my rear view mirror all I could was BLUE lights flashing,so I turned my blinker on and merged to the side of the road,hare he comes and pulls in front of me about 50 feet,I give him all my paper work and he says pull in front of him so we dont get run over,He proceeds to ask the standard ?s,theirs a pistol laying in the passengers seat that he never asked about,He says do you know how fast you were going to witch I honestly replied no,he walked back to his vehicle for a couple of minutes and cam back with a warning ticket and his phone and said do you mind if I take some pictures to witch I replied if you will pull about a 1/4 of a mile we will get off this 4-lane and you can drive it,put me in the back of your Tahoe,no handcuffs and take her for a spin I wont tell if you wont.I think when he clocked me I was running about 105mph,reckless driving for sure,again I say be NICE to people and it just might work in your favor.If I ever see him again off duty he has a free pass to drive my car.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Must've been a veteran occifer

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Shasta's Dad

Shasta's Dad Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Glad it worked out for you. A friend of mine is a Lt. with the sheriff's dept. and he says it's all about attitude. It doesn't take any longer to write a ticket than it does to write a warning.

4. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So does a written warning go on file?

5. The Max

The Max Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Lucky day for you. Think what you got was tunnel vision from too much acceleration. Too much fun

6. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    On their files, but not with insurance. LE can see, when they call your tags/license into dispatch if you've had 10 warnings for speeding....and if you've had too many, then you will probably get a ticket, because you obviously haven't learned your lesson. An occasional warning, say once every few years and you should be good unless the officer is just having a bad day or you are rude/disrespectful.

7. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    these cars feel at home between 80-100 mph, gotta be careful and watch that speedometer like a hawk. I've pretty much resigned myself to knowing I'll get a ticket here shortly. I figured it's just part of the cost of ownership lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Hellcat83

Hellcat83 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Same here Zebug. I haven't been pulled over in over 10 years and haven't paid a ticket yet (knocks on wood quickly), but something tells me that's going to come to a stop with this car. I'm trying to be careful and avoid it, but whether it's taking off from a dead stop and trying to avoid the urge to spin/squeal the tires or cruising the highway/interstate and trying to stay within 10 of the limit, it feels like it's only a matter of time before I see blue lights! :oops:o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CanuckH3llKat

CanuckH3llKat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I got one, I was going down and a hill, he was hidden at the bottom. Such a bullshit fishing technique, I was pissed. I was hoping the Hellcat would get me out of the ticket, but he didn't even recognize it was a Hellcat!!!

10. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome haha I love this

11. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    there is a spot around my area where they used to sit at the bottom of a hill...friends have gotten tickets there, but not me...i always say if i get a ticket with those tactics i will be buying several boxes of nails and tossing them in the spot he parks....its total BS when they sit at the bottom of a big hill.....they know it