The Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving is now the Official Driving School of Dodge/SRT

Discussion in 'Hellcat News and Site Announcements' started by cereal killer, Nov 6, 2015.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    bondurant.jpg

Good bye Chevy -- hello Dodge Chargers, Challengers, and
    Vipers. Dodge and Bob Bondurant have announced a new partnership that will see Bob Bondurants School of high performance driving become the Dodge/SRT official high-performance driving school. Of note, the schools fleet of over 100 vehicles, mostly GM, will be converted over to the Dodge/SRT brand...good move gents, good move *wink* *wink*

Check out the full presser below.....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

DODGE/SRT PARTNERS WITH LEGENDARY BOB BONDURANT SCHOOL OF HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVING
    The Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving Is Now "The Official High Performance Driving School of Dodge/SRT"

- All customers who buy a new 2015 or 2016 model SRT will receive one full-day session of high-performance driving with professional instruction and time on the track as part of the Dodge/SRT package
    - Bondurant attendees will get to experience the full line of Dodge/SRT vehicles, including the Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger Hellcats
    - Bondurant's entire fleet of cars is being converted over to Dodge Chargers, Challengers and Vipers
    - Non-Dodge owners can purchase racing instruction through Bondurant and experience their full line of Dodge SRT vehicles on the track
    - Racing participants who qualify will get to experience the Dodge Viper ACR, the fastest street-legal Viper track car ever

November 3, 2015 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - New Dodge/SRT buyers grab your racing shoes and helmets – Dodge is teaming up with the legendary Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving to create "The Official High Performance Driving School of Dodge/SRT."

Starting Jan. 1, 2016, Dodge customers who purchase or lease a 2015 or 2016 Dodge/SRT can experience a high-performance driving class with professional instruction and time on the track where they can develop their racing and driving skills in a one-day performance-packed adventure.

Dodge will provide the rides – nearly 100 SRT vehicles – including the 707-horsepower Dodge Charger and Challenger SRT Hellcats. In fact, Bondurant's entire fleet of cars is being converted to Dodge Chargers, Challengers and Vipers. Participants who qualify will have the rare opportunity to drive the Dodge Viper ACR, the fastest street-legal Viper track car ever.

"We want drivers to develop an appreciation for the levels of performance our Dodge/SRT vehicles are capable of delivering," said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Car Brands – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler, Fiat, FCA – North America. "Teaming up with Bob Bondurant, whose method of training has served more than a half-million drivers from around the world for nearly half a century, gives our Dodge/SRT owners the perfect track environment and professional guidance to hone their performance driving skills and gives us the chance to expose our lineup of SRT vehicles to a new group of performance car enthusiasts."

When they arrive at the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving in Chandler, Arizona, participants can combine advanced street driving skills with proven racing techniques and hours of track time for an unparalleled hands-on experience behind the wheel. Classes will include skid control, accident avoidance, line technique and a lead-and-follow session.

"In 47 years of being the global expert on driving instruction, I've been waiting for the right circumstances to launch the Bondurant Racing School to honor my championship legacy. Finally, that day is here," said Bob Bondurant – Owner, Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving. "The Dodge/SRT muscle cars provide me the perfect platform needed to thoroughly teach road racing."

SRT customers have one year from their purchase or lease date to take advantage of the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving opportunity. Dodge will give eligible customers access to the school and vehicles for track driving. Participants can make a weekend trip out of the experience, but are responsible for their own hotel accommodations and travel.

Bob Bondurant has been at the forefront of professional driving instruction since 1968. Using the Bondurant Method, more than 500,000 students – ranging from racers and celebrities, to teenagers, professionals and police officers – have learned from Bondurant's expertise.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. LelandJim

LelandJim Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Would rather travel to various places as documented elsewhere in the blog.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Hb hellcat

Hb hellcat Black Betty...BamAlam!!!

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Does doing the srt experience disqualify from this program?
    I'd drive to chandler, no problem. :)

4. pinetreecat

pinetreecat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was looking forward to Road America. Just one of those places I was looking forward to road tripping the Cat to next year. Now car stays parked and I'm shopping for airfare deals. Not a good deal.
    However I want some pro seat time and now I will be there in chandler when they announce the dates. So some positive there.

Best of both is for Bondurant to travel to Midwest and east coast markets and not stay tied to chandler. I'm sure that was part of the negotiations with FCA.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. gasser

gasser Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ill take the 500 off the car instead. I was looking forward to Joliet .

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. torpedovegas21

torpedovegas21 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Starting Jan 1st 2016. Does that exclude everyone who purchased one previously? I know it says you have one year to redeem but the way it reads makes me think only after jan 1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
  8. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Good question!

9. HellwisherHellcat

HellwisherHellcat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bondurant also raced his own Ford Crown Vic at the track. But Hellcats are such pure aweomeness!

10. NorCaletch19He77Kat

NorCaletch19He77Kat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    as schools go--it's ok..

11. jkagie

jkagie Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This is very cool for me since I am near to Chandler. I hope that since I purchased my car in May of 2015 that I can still use my SRT track experience day for this school.

12. don selleck

don selleck Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    that sucks!!

13. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I read his book........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. Mango57

Mango57 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Prefer the way it used to be, a different track every month across country. I chose the MSR track in Houston, that was fun!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. RussLansky

RussLansky SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Going this weekend!

• Like Like x 2