The competition is trying but they ain't winning....(Drove the SS CAMARO 16 Model year) MOPAR Rocks

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by ChargerChallenger, Dec 23, 2015.

1. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I had my 2500 HD service today at my local Chevy dealer. I am a Chevy guy as well and always have been a MOPAR Chevy guy since I was a kid. Anyways while waiting for my service I test drove the new 2016 CAMARO 1SS auto. The car is very quiet and too quiet for a muscle car. And I know u can upgrade to the 2SS and get the exhaust option. Which would be the only way if u want a little more of a thrill but not much. The car is extremely tight in the interior. The back seat is worse than the Challenger. If u have the front seat back there is no way any one including a a kid is sitting back there. The center console is really a rear console. And the cup holders are behind u. No place for a cell phone. And just no storage interior wise.
    The drive is not a feeling of take her down the road and haul ass. It's more refined and just not a fun factor car. And know will have the CAMARO followers here and not here to bash but just sharing.
    I own a 15 Stingray and u can search the forums and u will read the same thing the Challenger and Charger SRT and Hellcat just are way more fun to drive. And sure they are not the track racing, cornering, rally car such as the CAMARO and Mustang. But for the average daily driver and all out fun the SRT brand in my eyes just offers so much more fun. And I have driven the GT Mustang 2015 model stick and just no thrill for me as well. So for me MOPAR rocks the competition again with the FUN FACTOR. And if u don't feel I am correct go drive the CAMARO and the Mustang and u will c for yourself.

This is my first MOPAR when I was 20 years old in 1983 and always a Chevy truck guy as well.
    image.jpeg
    And my 1981 Chevy in 1983
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  2. ppowell1983

ppowell1983 BANNED Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree, I was at a Chevy dealer yesterday and I found the interior the same way. The Challenger is such a much more useable car. I have A WS6 and the trunk is so small. I love the challenger.

3. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Love the truck

4. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Challenger's only down fall is that it's a bit heavy, nothing that a little more power can't
    make up for.

As far as being comfortable, this car is like a slightly smaller Cadillac with a big motor :cool:

It reminds me of some of the really cool higher end Pro touring or Grand touring cars. You
    know, a late 60's or early 70's muscle car that has been blown apart and put on a new frame
    with really good suspension, brakes, tires, AC, power everything is newer, better and faster.

5. BODUKE

BODUKE Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

The new camaro is lighter and more refined than the 2015 model. It will beat a mustang gt and challenger scat pack in the quarter mile. And as for the cell phone sit it on the seat.

6. jaque

jaque Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    bo are you a mopar man or chevyhead?? thought you wanted a cat?? thinking camaro now??

7. jaque

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    what motor was in that 70 cuda?? love the wheels, body mouldings and rocker spears... very neat car..

8. BODUKE

BODUKE Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm not a fan of the camaro styling. Having a family I would choose the challenger for the room. I have a Chevy and a Chyrsler so I am in both camps.

9. jaque

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    for performance and looks what inspires you more?? just curious as i too have had too many f bodies to count, and once i got a mopar i never owned a t/a or camaro again..

10. BODUKE

BODUKE Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When I bought my Z28 it was the best bang for the buck available at the time. I like the new camaros performance. I like the styling of the challenger. Overall I think from a mod standpoint the camaro will have a better available aftermarket. My camaro was never intended to be a daily driver. I think the new pony cars offer more as daily driver.

11. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    340 with the 4 speed pistol grip shifter. And if memory is correct 355 rear. The trunk pan was rusting out.
    Had I known what I know today never would have sold her.

12. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah I know what you mean... it's amazing what they fix today and what panels are available that make it easy to do. Nice looking Cuda! Ive owned some Chevy Pickups in the past but as for muscle cars I'm Mopar since day 1.

13. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am a Mopar and Ford girl, but I do not like the late model Mustangs. I want to like them, I just ... don't. I like the Chevy Silverado and the new Corvettes, other than those two I am not a Chevy fan at all.

April

14. Mills

Mills Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well duh...of course the Chev will be better supported by the aftermarket!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Chevy and Ford products are out in larger numbers than the Mopars so that makes for a much larger market. A larger market makes more sense for the investment of R&D to recuperate
    initial investment and see a better profit.

This just makes "business sense" and will likely continue as long as the market stays slanted toward the two bigger producers of cars. The Hellcat's have brought attention to the Mopars and
    I see more available for these cars every time that I look for aftermarket parts.