SRT Hellcat Forum banner

The EVILCAT is born ...500 mile impressions

4K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  mowe 
#1 ·
Text Font Vehicle registration plate Automotive exterior Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Headlamp
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Tire
Just got my vanity plates in... Here are my impressions after having a Gen 4 Viper and Cammed C6 most recently.

Power: it can be driven at a reasonable level and with tons of comfort. It is not hard to drive it easy and it begs to be drive harder. It feels about as fast as my 500whp corvette or the 540whp viper. Once I can modify it i think it will be easy for us to get 900whp with bolt ons. She is a beast stock!

Handling:

I believe she is on par with my Base C6. They both felt a little sloppy but capable. The Viper however was a much tighter car then both. The steering is decent but could give a little more feeling. I didn't buy this car with the expectations that it was a track carver so it suites me well. I think it handles very well for its curb weight and in fact a little better.

Interior:

I think the interior is above and beyond the previous cars listed. It is very comfortable and has a ton of ammentities. This was what I was missing with the other two vehicles. My only gripe is that I wish I had gotten the Laguna leather :-( .... I never ordered one so I got what I got ....

Transmission :

I bought an M6 because I don't own anything automatic. Shifts are smooth by a little notchy at times. The gearbox shifts better once warm as all cars do typically. Clutch feel is light and easy to handle. I have driven in and out of traffic and it feels fine. Overall a very solid combination.

Overall :

Do I wish she was lighter and not as wide? Yes - then I could have faster ET's and get into my garage easier. With that being said I couldn't be happier with my decision. Let the modifications being!

I am also very thankful for Hellcat.org. A great resource and community to help us Hellcat owners.

Cheers

See less See more
#2 ·
View attachment 11053 View attachment 11054 View attachment 11055 Just got my vanity plates in... Here are my impressions after having a Gen 4 Viper and Cammed C6 most recently.

Power: it can be driven at a reasonable level and with tons of comfort. It is not hard to drive it easy and it begs to be drive harder. It feels about as fast as my 500whp corvette or the 540whp viper. Once I can modify it i think it will be easy for us to get 900whp with bolt ons. She is a beast stock!

Handling:

I believe she is on par with my Base C6. They both felt a little sloppy but capable. The Viper however was a much tighter car then both. The steering is decent but could give a little more feeling. I didn't buy this car with the expectations that it was a track carver so it suites me well. I think it handles very well for its curb weight and in fact a little better.

Interior:

I think the interior is above and beyond the previous cars listed. It is very comfortable and has a ton of ammentities. This was what I was missing with the other two vehicles. My only gripe is that I wish I had gotten the Laguna leather :-( .... I never ordered one so I got what I got ....

Transmission :

I bought an M6 because I don't own anything automatic. Shifts are smooth by a little notchy at times. The gearbox shifts better once warm as all cars do typically. Clutch feel is light and easy to handle. I have driven in and out of traffic and it feels fine. Overall a very solid combination.

Overall :

Do I wish she was lighter and not as wide? Yes - then I could have faster ET's and get into my garage easier. With that being said I couldn't be happier with my decision. Let the modifications being!

I am also very thankful for Hellcat.org. A great resource and community to help us Hellcat owners.

Cheers
Great review and pics thanks for sharing

#3 ·
The car indeed looks evil with the black hood. Thanks for sharing!!!

#4 ·
View attachment 11053 View attachment 11054 View attachment 11055 Just got my vanity plates in... Here are my impressions after having a Gen 4 Viper and Cammed C6 most recently.

Handling:

Interior:

Transmission :

Overall :

Cheers

Nice review, and your Cat is beautiful! I am glad you are happy, and now I am excited to see what mods you choose!

April

#6 ·
Great commentary. Gorgeous car.

Is that a factory satin hood or did you have it wrapped or painted later? Looks great.

#7 ·
Like the car, and the write-up; I got EVL CAT for my plate, as EVILCAT was taken, and most of the other neat plates were already taken also... Congrat's on a great car!

#9 ·

Handling:

Interior:

Transmission :

Overall :

Cheers
Greeting from EVILCAT Wisconsin
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior

#19 ·

Handling:

Interior:

Transmission :

Overall :

Cheers
Awesome review! I choose the Hellcat purchase over the Z06 so this makes me feel better during the wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.