The Ferrari F60 America has 730 hp, costs $2.5M, already sold out

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Carnage, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Source Road & Track: The Ferrari F60 America is a deliciously excessive 730 hp convertible - Road & Track
    The Ferrari F60 America has 730 hp, costs $2.5M, already sold out
    [​IMG]
    For its 60th birthday, Ferrari threw 10 of its closest customers a little birthday party. It's already over, and you missed out. All of the F60 Americas are spoken for. What exactly did you miss? Picture the already excellent and excessive F12 Berlinetta, with its V12 sitting pretty up front and putting 730 hp to its rear wheels. Take that F12, and bring it to Ferrari's custom shop. Decapitate it, and then give it a sumptuous mild restyling. Plop a $2.5M window sticker on it, sell all 10 of them before anyone else can find out about it, and then reveal it to the world.
    It's admittedly an odd way to reveal a car, and one that apparently rubbed Sergio Marchionne, whose quite public spat with Luca di Montezemolo over Ferrari's intentionally-limited volumes led to the latter's ousting, the wrong way. At the Paris Auto Show, Autocarreports Marchionne as saying "I'm not saying we should make 20, but I think we should make the product available."
    What's done is done, however. And it doesn't take away from the fact that it's a fine birthday present. The 458 Speciale is all well and good, but the F12 Berlinetta inspired a certain sort of transgressive lust among all who drove it. Taking that special car, about as understated as a Ferrari can get, and turning it into something as bold as the F60 is a fine way to celebrate.
    Inside, the F60 has some bespoke touches that separate it from its F12 sibling-notably the bright, glossy red trim on the center console and the dash vent area. The driver's seat, interestingly, is red, while the passenger seat is black-the impression is a driver-centric cockpit, and Ferrari says it's also a nod to classic Ferrari race cars.
    The white-striped bright blue paint is a tribute to Luigi Chinetti's legendary North American Racing Team, and the name itself is both a love-letter to the marque's most important market and a tribute to the previous Americas, themselves all high-end V12-powered cars.

2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    WHATEVER! Us normal peeps will take the Hellcat any day over an overpriced hoity toity car!!! LOL;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lmao heck jeah I totally agree. $2.5M can buy me 40 hellcats to play with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ChallengerDad

ChallengerDad SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice, but too ostentatious for me. I'll take the $2.425M difference and build a really nice house with a five-car garage and lift-bay for me 'n my "guest"(s).....then throw a party for my Challenger/Hellcat friends.
    :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah that's a great way to do it lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I AM THERE! :)

• Like Like x 1