The Hellcat Craze is coming to the end....

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by ChargerChallenger, Dec 2, 2016.

1. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'd have to say the Hellcat heyday has seen its day and is slowly coming to its end. Just way to many Hellcats sitting on dealer lots and the huge discounts are beginning. And FCA is starting to show signs of losing the dominance on all it's brands sales. And not here saying the Hellcat is not a incredible awesome car cause she is. But have to believe all the true Mopar nuts have sucked up the initial buying frenzy. And now most purchasers are just sitting on the sidelines for the huge discounts and the current owners dumping their Hellcat. I always felt the mass production statement from the SRT division was a mistake. They should have kept it at limited numbers each year. And some may think that's a bad idea but just look at the over produced Hellcats which are now depreciating all of our Hellcats. And for me personally I purchased mine for the fun factor and not as an investment. But if anything I'd like to think I am not a dime a dozen car owner. Cause who here wants everyone owning a Hellcat.? Not me for sure so I hope FCA slows the production down of the Hellcats for 2017. And rolls her to an end by 2018.

Not here posting to be critical of Mopar cause I am all Mopar and ain't parting with mine.
    Drove my Eco Diesel Ram 1500 with my bikes to Florida and was truly amazed on how well she pulled.
    1BA8A447-C058-49DA-BC29-9AF4DA63A482.JPG

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. pinefd

pinefd SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you for that, Mr. gloom and doom. Next you'll be telling us there's no such thing as Santa Claus!

:(

• Funny Funny x 16
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ChargerChallenger

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That's funny sorry to tell you that santa has been outdone by the competition...lol.

4. stonewall

stonewall VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is a Dodge! not an exotic sports car. A lot of guys are complaining about the price coming down so much. They are also the ones that gave $10k to $20K over MSRP so that they could have the first of them.They surely didn't think Dodge was going to spend the cost to develop the car just to sell 500 of them! It's a Dodge, there will always be lots of them on the road. lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If anyone bought this car as an investment car. Take your loss and invest in the stock.

I bought this car so I can have a grin on my face. It's been more than a year and it still puts a smile on my face and people still looks at it and take pictures of it

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Heminized

Heminized Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I couldn't disagree more. True I got an insane deal from someone who dumped theirs. However I constantly get the Thumbs up when I pull up next to people at a stop light and have yet to see another Hellcat on the Road.

If you are speaking of a monetary value, sure maybe that's so. But the value of the Hellcat goes much deeper than than that for me, and this is by far one of the best freaking investments I have ever made in my life. Probably will add another 10 years to my life expectancy! :D

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. cleankat

cleankat SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe some areas are more saturated than others, I've seen a total of 4 Hellcats other than mine, ever.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. carcrazyguy

carcrazyguy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will still smile everytime I fire it up even if it is only worth 20k! Also about the "buyers sitting on the sidelines"....those "buyers" are truly missing out on a lot of fun while someone else is likely beating on the car before they "dump" it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Depreciation is only a consideration if you buy a new car knowing you will sell it two to three years down the road. I have no plans to sell so no depreciation to worry about. There are two Challenger Hellcats local to me. I'm guessing maybe 30 total in the UK

• Like Like x 2
  10. Booky

Booky Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The only "craze" there Ever was came from Mopar and other Muscle car enthusiasts who wanted one of the most powerful muscle cars on the planet and were willing to spend $65K+ to get it.

The Hellcat is definitely a "niche" product that most people do Not even know exists or would ever be willing to spend the $$$ to get one.

As for prices, it is very simple: the law of supply and demand.

11. oilburner

oilburner Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    at lease the Canadian market didn't get flooded as bad :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Cglhawk260

Cglhawk260 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I live in CT there's hardy any Hellcats on the road.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ChargerChallenger

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Not here posting on my disappointment of value of the Hellcat. And I am extremely over the top happy with mine. The posting is about FCA offering too many the Hellcat purchase. And the point is: The Hellcats are just to damn nice a product to have this happening. No other car manufacture is doing this so there is no reason FCA needs to follow the Corvette, Camaro, Mustang market share. And what I mean is the average car not the "niche" car. Corvette Z06, Camaro ZL1, Mustang GT 350R are not a mass market car. Yet FCA will produce as many Hellcats as possible. And yeah I know the rural areas in the country will not be dominate Hellcats, Z06's, Camaro ZL1's, Mustang GT 350R's. But in more populated areas like the Washington DC area I see Hellcats all the time. And 2 years ago I did not. And if you look around the dealer network in my area, dealers have up to 8 Hellcats collecting dust on their lots. And yeah the Hellcat ain't losing the excitement it's losing the Mopar die hards who have bought the market share. And now who is the next round of purchasers? More die hard Mopar purchasers (sales have slowed) or the I got a deal on a Hellcat so I bought one? I ain't the car expert here just evaluating what has been ongoing now longer than shorter. And everyone's take helps the discussion.
    Holidays are upon us and for me personally should anyone here not have purchased their own Hellcat now is the time. And for those here who already have one 'tis the season to add another one LOL.

DE36435B-4B50-49D1-8479-77D69571FF96.JPG
    945A1BAE-AAA1-4BD2-BB54-3079A888F496.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. schv

schv SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As someone who spent the better part of the 1980's and 1990's searching for good replacement body parts (and bodies for that matter) for the old muscle cars, as well as all the other parts, I am beyond happy that there is a glut of Hellcats. I suspect that the auto recycling industry has learned its lesson about indiscriminately crushing desirable cars that still have most of their parts in good usable condition. Back in the mid `70's they'd crush a Road Runner in an instant if the needed repair exceeded the non-existant resale values at the time.
    If you bought a Hellcat for an investment, you've already lost. Might as well take it out, beat on it just a little, and have a blast for your money instead of worrying about depreciation. These are the good old days and there may never be another time like this current horsepower war that's festering in the US...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  15. ChargerChallenger

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have to wonder if the glaze over the posting is kinda like the new age world. Like when your talking to someone and they are texting or reading their smart phone and they didn't hear what you said LOL. The POSTING is not about me buying it as an INVESTMENT......ETC. Id be known as the worst investor of the world if all my toys were investments LOL.

Yeah more great investments: I invest in FUN
    EC1869D1-5338-43C7-BE41-CA93947DAF6C.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2