The life of a competition tire

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Wheels and Tires' started by Tire God 2.0, May 9, 2016.

1. Tire God 2.0

Tire God 2.0 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just a little info. I put 4 super sports runflats on a new C7 Z06 Z07 package Saturday. They come with the Michelin pilot sport Cup runflats stock. The guy had 800 miles on the car and all 4 tires were gone. He said he loved the traction but wanted a little longer life. I said, " yeah I don't blame you, you should get about double that with the super sports haha". He agreed. I guess some people still buy these cars and don't understand how much it costs for normal maintenance. The super sports were cheaper and still 2k for a set. But anyway when you look at tread wear ratings and then factor in how you drive the car, that will give you a good idea of the expected tire life. Hope this helps.

2. Markp

Markp Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Club Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When you purchase a 700 plus hp muscle car you should expect to need tires often. That's the nature of these beasts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Two road track days with PZeros, also two of them have 7000 miles as front tires. They are standing tall looking strong for their next track day.

My new Nitto NT05's, much cheaper, half the thread depth at delivery, and they don't stick worth a damn.

You get what you pay for.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Pzeros on front 3000 miles as front tires, Based on current thread depth, I'd easily get another 3000-5000 miles ... rear tires are different story lol

• Like Like x 1