The Outsourcing of America - Is Your Job Safe?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BKuz, Jun 3, 2015.

1. BKuz

BKuz Retired American Fighting Man

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is this legal? Is your job safe? Mickey Town is a bunch of crooks anyway! Every three months they up the entry fee! Pretty soon you will have to take out a loan to go to Disney!

BKuz

Last Task After Layoff at Disney Train Foreign Replacements

2. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sad...

3. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Such bullshit.

I'll likely never go to Disneyland/world, I believe it's $100 a pop for the day to get in. Seems easily half the day would be standing in line, why bother?

And to pull this stuff, meh. They should be ashamed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just part of the continuing downward spiral of the USA. Anybody that doesn't see it is blind.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Unhappiest place on Earth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    only reason my job is safe is because im retired.. rOME IS FALLING

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My job is safe, I own the place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't ever go to D.W. I took my kids there once. ONE and DONE, food is lousy lines and the rides stink except for a couple plus screaming kids on the plane home with the sugar crash and lack of sleep. great be no thanks for me.

my job is safe, I guess???

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. One Ton Racer

One Ton Racer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No jobs are safe. It's a global economy.
    We have so much, others have so little.
    The global economy will bring up the third world nations and the richest ones are going to lose some jobs.
    The good news is, the global economy helps keep cost of goods down. At least for those built in second & third world countries.

10. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Prices will go down when people stop going to Disney ;) Disney is reaching new, record attendances, every month/year. You are allowed to make reservations at their restaurants 180 days ahead of your stay, when you call on the first of those 180 days now you often can't get in or the time you want. All of Disney's hotels and resorts, from the Grand Floridian to Pop Century, are at 80%+ capacity for the near future. Anyone who wouldn't raise their own prices when their services are smoking hot is lying to themselves. This is no different than the Hellcat ADM situation

I don't agree with all of Disney's fees and actions, but the reality is if Disney isn't for you, then it doesn't matter what the cost is, you won't like it.

**BTW, I'll say this....already saw their new movie coming in a few weeks, "Inside Out", via a special screening. Good movie, very clever way they represented thought and emotions. Kids won't understand it as well because they don't grasp things on that level yet, but they'll definitely love the characters and overall theme.

11. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    we have gone to Disney 7 years in a row....1 year we did 1/2 disney cruise/ 1/2 disneyworld (talk about expensive).....every year the prices go up.....some years dramatically.....yet the parks continue to get more and more crowded....we go at the slowest times and its still so crowded we struggle for rides...i wont wait more than 30-45 mins for any ride....they needed to add 1 or even 2 whole new theme parks for years.....but instead they have the same footprint, but keep jamming in people.....we are very tired of them after 7x's.....we dont go to the shows anymore because we can recite all the lines weve gone to them so many times...they never really change much of anything....1 new ride a year or 2

service===you cant beat them....you have a disney person to help you within 20' of you at all times....think of the $$ that costs.....go to universal or 6 flags.....you wont see nearly the service.......its all foreigners...i know...but still....they must have thousands of people per park just walking around to help people...its amazing.......

people keep going in record numbers....why not raise the price...supply/demand.....they could raise their prices by $1,000 per week/per family if they wanted and people would still go.....

my family is done with it....we may do the CA disney if i decide to spend $8k to take them to CA for a visit....Ive been to CA, but to take a family there for any vacation is so expensive im having trouble justifying it....

we switched to cruises instead.....Carnival is less than Disney and is something different...but once again its all foreigners.....and you are very alone when walking on the boat.....i never see security, i rarely see someone standing there to help you.........Disney is unique that they have a person every 20' just for you...

not talking about disney now....America in general=====we are the reason for the outsourcing....our cheapness, our wanting more and more, but not wanting to pay more........we can go back to 1950 and have 1 car, 1 tv 18"B/W, no cell phone, no computer, 1000 sq ft homes.....live a simple/nice life.....everyone could be in a union job making a great wage, everyone could buy made in usa products..........but we all want 2 cars, 3 big screen tv's, electronics everywhere, 2400 sq ft homes.....to get those things we need to cut costs...........in my business i have learned that 50%+ of the population makes its decisions 100% on cost alone......sometimes i think its as high as 66%.......when i discuss the differences in quality they often roll their eyes at me......my business has become very successful the day i gave up on these customers and focus on the 33-50% that is willing to pay extra for quality....i find everyway to blow off the bottom 50%, in my advertising, when they call me i listen for key words and phrases and quickly throw out a price and get them off the phone......i used to win 1 out of every 10 bids....now i win almost 100%............people are cheap, they buy cheap, they want products made in China....they will never admit it....but their buying habits show it every time..

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Forced to train your replacement before getting the boot or no severance... Is flat out cold! Hope the individual(s) who made that decision get a long suffering terminal disease that W.D.'s health plan doesn't cover...:mad:

& F@%K YOU MICKEY!!!:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MikeD1

MikeD1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    IBM was doing this back in the 90's with call centers & then in the early 2000's for programmers, and DBA's. Jobs were being outsourced to 3rd world locations & the experienced US ppl were told they could either be laid off, take early retirement or stay for 90 days to train their replacement (who they were flying here & putting in hotels for 90 days) & get a severance pkg & bridge to retirement. They gave you a week to decide.

Problem was they were replacing highly skilled IT guys with basically Jr. programmers that spoke poor (or no) English. The code & designs that were coming back were crap & difficult to maintain. Most had to be reworked by what remained of the US staff before being presented to the customer. We were under strict orders (i.e. say & word & you're fired) never to say anything negative about the program because it would embarrass the exec's who were busy running around touting how successful it all is.

Initially, we were presented with resume's of these guys & allowed to interview them. They had impressive credentials, for example they all had successfully passed the Basic US Office Hygiene class !!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you passed on too many, you were in trouble (can't embarrass the exec's in India etc. presenting these turds). Eventually, even that went away and they stopped sending them over for training & just did it there. We were then told - this guy is now on your team & replacing xxxxx.

By the time I finally had enough & retired early in 2008 it was a nightmare. They'd hire these ppl, train them & "imbed" them with the US & UK based teams. Was almost impossible to get anything of value from them as they job hop like mad in the 3rd world & will leave a job for 15 cents/hour more. You'd call to talk to them (if they even spoke English) only to find the guy who had been working on something for 2 months was gone & they had stuffed a new head in that slot.

Net is - it's been happening for a long time now & in places/jobs many have no real visibility to. We seem to be replacing skilled jobs with low skill service jobs, slowing transforming the US into a 3rd world country. It's backdooring Communism on a global scale IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2