The small things. . .

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by intercooler, Dec 13, 2015.

1. intercooler

intercooler Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    N/A

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Interesting question... The things I like, it has that classic muscle car look with all the modern features... its a big roomy muscle car with the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. The interior/dash is spectacular... it's the interior all challengers should have came with... the programmable drive modes the performance pages are great... menacing look and stance. Things I don't like... the HK stereo system... even with the reflash its better but not what I expect out 900W 18 speaker system... they should have put a Bose system in it. The Uconnect system is a little on the slow side... the little quality issues that should have been resolved at the factory before the car is shipped.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  3. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Two great post. I love love love the classic American muscle car look. I hate the fact that there are so many small "unfinished" details and that
    the attention to detail on some of the things, especially paint was not what it should have been. I do like some of the unexpected details like
    the little Challenger at the bottom of the driver's side front glass and the Dodge brothers emblem inside of the console lid. The overall concept
    is perfect. I also have to agree with both intercooler and Hemi Rocket about the slow, ridiculously slow computers used in these cars for every
    thing that displays in the center touch screen of the car. Of course if I could change the way that the crank pulley is attached to the crank and
    put better rocker arms under the valve covers I'd do that.

Alas, we must take the good with the bad. Just like with our significant others ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 209srt8s

209srt8s Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    IMO for the $ spent for admission, Challengers should have a power passenger seat and memory on the driver's...the Charger does. On the other hand, Challenger has rain sensing wipers and auto dimming headlights, but Charger does not... which makes no sense to me...both HC's should have all those features...:confused:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL.. rain sensing wipers... an option I'll never use! I agree I really like the auto dimming headlights and the blind spot indicators in the mirrors.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good Point... never thought about that... makes perfect sense now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Love retro look, sound, power. Quality control is lacking. At least compared to other muscle cars I've owned

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DShatzer

DShatzer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A whole lot better Q/C than my 1970 Challenger R/T and my 1971 Plymouth Duster 340. Night and day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I love everything about the car, the look, the sound, the power, the steering wheel, the way it feels in your hands is like it was made just for me...love the way it drives, and handles.Looks like a old muscle car, but stops and has safety and tech features of a new car..... What I don't like is dodge locking down the ecm and not offering a factory tune..... As for the paint and finish, you have to remember, it goes down the line with 26k cars, and it's mass produced, so it's something you have to live with...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. redhemi

redhemi Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have a long driveway so when i come home i pull up to the box and get the mail,my trade car (jeep gc)had one touch up/down window the cat is just one touch down.its a small thing that i miss and aarp sez finger exercise is a good thing so i'm ok;)

This is my daily driver so i miss the remote start on those super h/c days,if i never had it i would never miss it right,its a m6 so i understand:cool:

The jeep had hooks for shopping bags that would keep things like groceries contained, again DD 707 grocery getter:rolleyes:
    Solution-rubber totes/containers

This is a like,I'm walking out tractor supply behind a couple and the guy sees the car as he gets a better look he tells his wife "Honey its one of them Hellcat's"
    I get a kick out of all the double takes:D

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Never saw that button.

12. Plum 16

Plum 16 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I came out of a 2013 E63. Just because you spend a lot of money does not guaranty that you won't have issues. I had too many in the E to keep it. I had more issues three weeks in on the E than I do with the HC.

The only "little" thing that I miss from the E was the electric trunk closer. Not that I can't close it myself, but you could hit the button and the trunk would close and doors lock in one shot. Nice.

The Charger does have the shopping bag hooks in the trunk, and as far as I know, rain delay wipers. Those work well. It did not have the heated/cooled cupholder than my son has in his 2013. It's an awesome feature, so I took care of that. Thanks to other forum members, it works perfect.

The one feature that was on the E that most domestic cars don't have is a one-knob command feature for the display. While it does take getting some use to, it works very well and you don't have to fish around the really busy touch screen.

The one item that does not work for me in the Charger is the bluetooth to my Android HTC One. Keeps connecting and disconnecting. Per Uconnect, I have to wait for a Uconnect update since my Android version is too updated. Anyone else with that issue?

The car gets a lot of looks. In Southern California, everyone has a Mercedes. People stop and look at the FC7 Charger and are simply amazed.

13. Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Love my daily driver "Kat". The two major things missing for me is driver memory seat and line lock. Both would help tremendously at the strip.