There are still honest dealers out there

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by rubbel, Feb 5, 2015.

1. rubbel

rubbel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    When a good friend had to move unexpectedly he wanted a car ( rather than drive his dually truck 80 miles round trip ) for a daily driver. I sold him my BMW with 120,000 plus miles at a price he could not refuse :)

I have a truck I use to tow my race car ( the Challenger pictured below ) that can be my daily driver if need be so I was happy to help him out. All of a sudden I was in the new car market.
    [​IMG]

After some thought I decided to purchase a Hellcat so I ( like 1000's of others ) went online contacting dealers. I quickly became frustrated when everyone wanted $ 5K to $20K over MSRP. After several days I found a dealer who was willing to sell me a new Hellcat optioned as I want at MSRP. I placed my order and put down a deposit on 1/26/15. He told me to be patient but I would get the car I wanted.

Today he informed me my car is already at BX. I know there is more wait time yet to endure but I could not be more satisfied with how this dealer has treated me. I wanted to share my experience so others who are still looking know that perseverance can pay off in getting one of these fantastic vehicles from an honest dealer. :)

2. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice looking car you got there. :) Yes, BX is a good starting point, but it is still VON only at this point. There are people VON only since September in the US, since July in Canada. I hope for your sake that they get allocation soon. MSRP order is no good if the car never shows. Did you ask if the dealer has delivered any Hellcats yet? If not, not really a good sign. :(

Best of luck! I will say the car is worth the wait!

3. jph129

jph129 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My brother and I both ordered from the same dealer. $500 deposit sticker price. No problem, for me! His was built before mine hood taken off and still waiting on black paint in Canada. I got the call and said send it and I'll paint it here. Done and he's still waiting since October! I do let him ride in mine from time to time!

4. rubbel

rubbel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I know this dealer has delivered some Hellcats already but also I do not have an open allotment yet so need to be patient for now.

5. cal45

cal45 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and as others have said, BX status is VON only, your dealer will need an allocation in order to submit and get a VIN (as long as no other orders are ahead of you waiting for allocations). For example, my dealer took my order for MSRP and a $1000 deposit on 10/22, order went to BX a day later on 10/23.....still waiting.

6. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Still waiting in BX hell since about 9/12.