SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Thinking about selling my 2015 Challenger Hellcat

5K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  New2015Dodge 
#1 ·
Hello Guys,

Excellent condition....Bright White...A8...Laguna Leather....Navigation....Red Seat Belts and Summer tires! Car has 1,700 miles and never in the rain or wet road. Title in hand! Think I can get 64K for the car??

Thanks, Paul

#15 ·
Sounds like you might be a little "burned out" on the car scene? I have built a few cars over the years and the fact
is that they were so worrisome that by the time they were finished, I was tired of looking at them and just wanted
to be done with them. I don't know if this is along the lines of where you are at now but it happens. I've cost myself
a couple of hundred thousand dollars like that. The last time it happened to me, I just parked the car in my the
detached garage at a house that I rent out, locked the doors and didn't see it again for almost ten years. Then I
was "into it again" and didn't loose any money on that car. It's the only one that I've ever had that I didn't loose
my butt on.

If you can reach a lot of potential buyers, like on ebay or something similar, you've likely got a good chance of
getting what you want out of it or at least close to what you want.(my opinion, but what do I know?)

Either way, very best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do!;)

#16 ·
Sounds like you might be a little "burned out" on the car scene? I have built a few cars over the years and the fact
is that they were so worrisome that by the time they were finished, I was tired of looking at them and just wanted
to be done with them. I don't know if this is along the lines of where you are at now but it happens. I've cost myself
a couple of hundred thousand dollars like that. The last time it happened to me, I just parked the car in my the
detached garage at a house that I rent out, locked the doors and didn't see it again for almost ten years. Then I
was "into it again" and didn't loose any money on that car. It's the only one that I've ever had that I didn't loose
my butt on.

If you can reach a lot of potential buyers, like on ebay or something similar, you've likely got a good chance of
getting what you want out of it or at least close to what you want.(my opinion, but what do I know?)

Either way, very best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do!;)
BINGO graycat you hit the nail on the head!!! I had over 100k in the 67 GTO, 47K in the 02 Ram Air and around 20K in the 75 Trans Am. So I decided to sell them and buy something more driver friendly. The Hellcat is a great car but I'm just not interested any more!

#17 ·
New2015Dodge....I'm sorry to hear that. I know exactly what it's like. None of my business here but if you think
that you many ever be interested in this type of car again, you may want to just try and park it and walk away from
it for a few months and then see how things look to you at that time. The winter causes these cars to slow down a
bit and the prices to drop a little nationwide. Maybe not so much in sunny Florida but the nation wide prices can be
found on the net and may hurt a bit in the warmer states. Again, just my opinion.

Very best of luck to you what ever you decide to do. I've been there and just hope not to be there again. I do know
that when I had several cars it became more like a job than a hobby and was more frustrating and less enjoyable.

It's like fishing. I love to fish when the weather is pretty so I don't do it in the winter time. I haven't went out and bought a $60,000.00 boat and a $60,000.00 truck to pull it. If I did all of that, it wouldn't be relaxing any more. Now
if I were starving and couldn't afford to go to Long John Silver's or Red Lobster for a fish dinner, I'd fish, everyday
in a blowing snow storm if need be. I wouldn't enjoy it or want to do it but I'd do it.

If the Hellcat's not how you get from point A to point B (like to and from work or school) and if it's not bringing enjoyment to you, I'd say making someone else a "proud new owner" is the right decision.

Again, best of luck to you and Happy New Year!

#18 ·
New2015Dodge....I'm sorry to hear that. I know exactly what it's like. None of my business here but if you think
that you many ever be interested in this type of car again, you may want to just try and park it and walk away from
it for a few months and then see how things look to you at that time. The winter causes these cars to slow down a
bit and the prices to drop a little nationwide. Maybe not so much in sunny Florida but the nation wide prices can be
found on the net and may hurt a bit in the warmer states. Again, just my opinion.

Very best of luck to you what ever you decide to do. I've been there and just hope not to be there again. I do know
that when I had several cars it became more like a job than a hobby and was more frustrating and less enjoyable.

It's like fishing. I love to fish when the weather is pretty so I don't do it in the winter time. I haven't went out and bought a $60,000.00 boat and a $60,000.00 truck to pull it. If I did all of that, it wouldn't be relaxing any more. Now
if I were starving and couldn't afford to go to Long John Silver's or Red Lobster for a fish dinner, I'd fish, everyday
in a blowing snow storm if need be. I wouldn't enjoy it or want to do it but I'd do it.

If the Hellcat's not how you get from point A to point B (like to and from work or school) and if it's not bringing enjoyment to you, I'd say making someone else a "proud new owner" is the right decision.

Again, best of luck to you and Happy New Year!
Graycat, thanks so much for your insight and kind words. Actually the cars sits in storage most of the time. I purchased the car end of April and as stated earlier has less then 1,700 miles on it. So I believe at 57 years young I'll sell the car, use the money to remodel the house and get ready for retirement! Maybe in a few years I'll get the itch again!!
Happy New Year to you and yours!!!

#19 · (Edited)
I have same issues I'm restoring my 69 Charger but got so busy with my business i didn't have the time to continue on t so their it sits, but i know i will get back into it and finish it, then i go out and buy a 66 Charger it sits stored. Then i go buy a Sublime Hellcat was really looking forward to it but Chrysler and all their bs i never received it, it turned into a MY16 Plum Crazy been 10 months now i have still not received even a VIN. I was really looking forward to receiving it now the delays and BS the wind has been taken out of my sails for this car. I seen a Z06 at a dealer up in Rochester it is beautify wouldn't bother me to purchase one of them at least i know with GM i will get the car in a reasonable amount of time, so i know whats its like to lose interest.

#21 ·
New2015Dodge....Very best of luck to you. Will you still "hang around" this forum once the car sells or do you know as of now?

Either way, very best of luck to you. I hope that you find someone with deep pockets that loves your car and that
both of you are very happy with the deal.

#23 ·
New2015Dodge....Very best of luck to you. Will you still "hang around" this forum once the car sells or do you know as of now?

Either way, very best of luck to you. I hope that you find someone with deep pockets that loves your car and that
both of you are very happy with the deal.
Thanks graycat!! Yeah I'll still be hanging around. However, I promise not to go trolling!! LOL

#22 ·
I have same issues I'm restoring my 69 Charger but got so busy with my business i didn't have the time to continue on t so their it sits, but i know i will get back into it and finish it, then i go out and buy a 66 Charger it sits stored. Then i go buy a Sublime Hellcat was really looking forward to it but Chrysler and all their bs i never received it, it turned into a MY16 Plum Crazy been 10 months now i have still not received even a VIN. I was really looking forward to receiving it now the delays and BS the wind has been taken out of my sails for this car. I seen a Z06 at a dealer up in Rochester it is beautify wouldn't bother me to purchase one of them at least i know with GM i will get the car in a reasonable amount of time, so i know whats its like to lose interest.
There's plenty of HC's out there with some even selling for MSRP... No need to wait for your local dealer. Road trip opportunity...memories to last lifetime!

#26 ·
WOW!! If memory serves me, that's only a grand less than what you had hoped to sell it for retail. I bet that some of the folks watching this thread will be surprised.

Happy for you!!

#27 ·
WOW!! If memory serves me, that's only a grand less than what you had hoped to sell it for retail. I bet that some of the folks watching this thread will be surprised.

Happy for you!!
graycat it gets a little better. My salesman from the dealership texted me last night stating his finance manager will give me 64K for my car. Don't know how they worked this deal but I'll take it! So ownership will change hands this Friday.
Take Care, Paul

#31 ·
Reading this thread that I started makes me laugh. I did sell the HC for 63.5K back to my dealer in January. I did remodel our house. But wait for it.....I purchased 89 Pro Street Camaro with a 502 Ram Jet in April and a 2016 SRT 392 Challenger!!! LOL

Guess history dose repeat its self! Welcome back!

But did you learn anything?

:p

;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.