Thinking about the 392

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT 392' started by Thebossaudio, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Thebossaudio

Thebossaudio Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    What does everybody thinks if I get the srt 392
    Can anyone tell me how does it drive and the power?

2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't have one but it was my back up plan. I have not heard any complaints. They are awesome cars and very similar to the Hellcat. I was actually telling a friend the other day that I would have been just as happy with the 392 and saved some cash. I goof around a lot but I will rarely ever use the extra HP my Hellcat has. :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tantaus

Tantaus Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I have to admit, I was considering a Hellcat for quite a while, but couldn't pull the trigger last fall. With all the issues with obtaining one (I wanted an A8), I decided this spring I didn't want to play the waiting game, and went ahead and purchased a torred 392 off a dealer lot last week, loaded with every option I wanted. Drove it 900 miles back home same day. I have to admit, the first 100 miles were really hard to stay within the recommended break-in limits!

In any case, having never owned a vehicle with this much power, I am plenty happy with what the 392 has to offer, and can honestly say I haven't come anywhere near using all of it yet. I can only imagine what a Hellcat would be like! For my daily driving, I don't think I would ever take advantage of the Hellcat's extra power over the 392. The only thing I regret about the purchase is the sunroof. I had previously sat in another challenger at a local dealer lot, which didn't have the sunroof. It had plenty of headroom. The sunroof cuts into that far more than I really like. I'd say my head is within an inch of the ceiling now. Other than that, it's a joy to drive. Plenty of power, smooth and strong acceleration as far as you want, and the exhaust sound is great. Not to mention, the brakes are incredible...

photo.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. FatCat

FatCat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've had a 392 for several years. I agree with ^^. I will SORELY miss it when I trade it in - perfect as an M6 on the streets.

5. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I seen a few scat packs around and they look pretty much same as the hellcat except no fancy supercharged power. If you don't need the extra power the 392 is still awesome choice

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You will not be disappointed,, like Tammie my second/ or back up car was a srt 392,, to this day I still think about that car,, it was love at first sight...you will love it

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thebossaudio

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I think I will go ahead and order the charger 392, I really love the hellcat but man the wait is long and specially all the (ADM)
    Tammy do you ever use all the power on the hellcat? I noe I will rarely used it but is just the feeling of having a awesome car and powerful lol..especially here in Houston alot of traffic .Thanks everyone
    If I get a charger 392 don't kick me out from hellcat.org lol..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thebossaudio

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Awsome car, is it a fun car to drive ?Did you get the technology package?

9. Thebossaudio

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I love the power but I don't love the wait and ADM. How is your hellcat doing lately?

10. Misterdhdt

Misterdhdt Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I went with the 392 charger all options minus the HK radio. I was really lucky. I seen the car on a hauler pulling into my usual dealership. Was there picking up parts. Bought it on the spot. I am really impressed with the new electronics and A8. Dodge got the trans right. image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Does Tammie use all the power? That's too funny she is crazy in a good way in her baby:D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. 2mopars

2mopars Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had a 12 srt challenger and I really liked it. Now I have a hellcat andto be honest I wish I would have saved the 20k and bought the new srt8. You will enjoy the car immensely

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Max57

Max57 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I test drove the SRT with the M6. It was fantastic! I ordered the A8 mainly due to knee and hip issues that will no doubt get worse as time passes. Now all I can do is wonder what the A8 will feel like once my SRT arrives. From what I've been reading, I won't be disappointed.

What really sold me on the SRT was the adjustable suspension. And as an added bonus, that great steering wheel. The steering wheel, for some reason, made me feel more connected to the car then the models under it. I had the suspension set to "Street" which resulted in a more "road compliant" ride which was more comfortable then the stock suspension of the Scat Pak. Between the sound and performance of that 392, the adjustable suspension and that cool steering wheel (lol), I feel that I have the best Challenger combination which is already stretching my budget.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FLEX

FLEX Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Honestly I never even seriously considered the Hellcat. Went straight for the SRT 392. Best bang for the buck, IMO.

I had a 2010 SRT8 and the difference between the two is like night and day. The 8 speed transmission makes a huge difference and the adjustable driving modes are great. I can tame it a little when I have Mrs Flex with me or taking my team out for lunch, etc.

I'm 100% happy with everything on this car with the exception that I am not super impressed with the HK audio system.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Funny you said that about the steerinr wheel,,I watches and looked at 1000s pictures and videos, but until you set in a srt you don't get the feel of how the car fits,, it's kinda like it was made just for you.....plus you save twenty grand

• Agree Agree x 1