This is a salesman's response!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by JRBurn, Feb 14, 2015.

1. JRBurn

JRBurn Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    "Hello Jack,

I hope all is well with you. My name is **** *****I am one of ***** co-workers. ***** resigned from our company today. I have looked in a 300 mile radius. There isn't a dealership that is selling a HellCat for MSRP. There is one in Gilroy California that has four, they are selling for $99,999. I know you would like to purchase it for the MSRP since this isn't possible right now, reasonably what will you be willing to purchase the vehicle for. If you have any questions or would like additional information please do not hesitate to call, text or email me at your earliest convenience."

WTF LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    more like he looked up his ass and around the corner.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If only I wasn't drug tested on a regular basis through work. I would want to be on some stuff this fool is on. :rolleyes:
    Another clueless salesman or another idiotic strategy to see where you might come in at over MSRP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would not respond to that in an email ... I would at least call, or better yet, go to the dealership in person, look that guy/gal in the eye, and tell that guy/gal to his/her face exactly what a greedy, uninformed tool he/she is. What a Jackazz

April

• Like Like x 2
  5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's crazy, dodge should take all there allocations away.

6. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i would respond that many are paying msrp or slightly over and that he is out of touch with the HC market

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CatBurghlr

CatBurghlr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Some are paying msrp but the majority are paying over, I believe. The demand is far above the supply.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. ranger75

ranger75 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine was purchased at MSRP. But I have seen alot of dealers marking them up...only talked to one local dealer (South hills) and they had gotten one Hellcat and sold right away...not sure if it was above MSRP. Other then CatBurghlr I know of no one else in the area that has gotten one. Which reminds CB will have to hook up when weather breaks :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm missing something. (I kno not unusual)... the SalesPerson is being straight up! They state in this region they (Hellcats) are not at MSRP. Assuming this dealership is Left-Coast, the feedback I've got is he's correct.
    How's this different from buying a house. Location Location Location. I undestand its not the answer you wanted but seemed legit and too point..
    I see everybody wants an honest answer. They get one and still not good enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey everybody, Clay Cooley Dodge in TX has 2 cats on their website for $995 off sticker. I suspect shenanigans. Yeah when you call, oooo..it was a computer pricing error. I am too lazy to call and chase this dog the street. Please...somebody else do it for me ...lol

11. F6F

F6F BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dear Hellcat1,

If Dodge repeats its behavior, they will get 5 more allocations

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The dealer sez...but hey we are the "largest dealer in this area"...have heard that many a time. OK sez Dodge, we will give you all the HC's you want, if you also buy a lot of our slow selling cars no one wants. All will then be forgiven.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zookeeper93

Zookeeper93 GOZ211

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I saw that too, as they are minutes from me, but I didn't call, as we are looking for M6. Talking to one in OK today if we can get some numbers in line for our 2013 SRT8 with 2811 miles and a number for the HC, before we would make the drive.It's not the perfect one as it is napa and not laguna. Everything else is right on. Another one is the same mileage away from me but the other direction that is laguna but sepia (I like, I think). However, they are 12K over msrp and I'm resisting the temptation not to just go get it. I said I wouldn't give in and pay the impatience tax but my resolve is wearing thin....someone talk me off the cliff.....

14. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    OK Zoo, If they tell you 12K over on the phone, a chance you can get them to under 10K inperson with checkbook in hand... But, long way to go if they hold out knowing you came a long way. Tell them that you live nearby...yes lie to their faces. Once the deal is done, then give them your real info. Gotta get funky sometimes...lol

15. Zookeeper93

Zookeeper93 GOZ211

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey Snappy,
    The one down south of me on the web lists msrp in the listing but once you click on the car for more info, the price on the page is $11,250 over the msrp. I have not talked with these guys yet. Since I will have a checkbook in hand, my thinking was to get to the bottom line over the phone before driving 5 hours. Not sure how much, if any they will come down. Talked with a different dealership earlier in the week in New Braunfels and they told me they turned down 70K this past weekend. You just never know what any particular dealership will do.
    This particular one down south, they are wanting 75K. That is just crazy. Writing it out, I just don't think I want to go that high. 7K I probably would, but not 11.2K.

On the other hand, I am talking to the folks since yesterday about the one in OK. with black napa seats. Gave them the specs on my SRT8 for trade. We've been phone tagging all day. They list msrp on web and have not given me a number at all for how much over msrp they want. I may be in the same boat on it as the one south. They may want an ungodly sum over msrp. But, you never know unless you ask.
    I